User Avatar Image

Who were the shadows in the epilogue?

posted by george1120 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Poll.

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They are the two on the hill, and they are zombies. I believe Telltale used their palettes to avoid people leaking the two to the public. So... those images are just creepy and inaccurate xD

• @Mark$man said: They are the two on the hill, and they are zombies. I believe Telltale used their palettes to avoid people leaking the two to the public. So... those images are just creepy and inaccurate xD

Yes, the looks like zombies, and this fact are very disappointing me.

• 2 undead pedophiles (sorry)
    Seriously though, one girl in the middle of the night during a full on ZA- its a very nice, bleak setup. I really hope they start Season 2 with the sound of a cracking branch behind Clem and C/O showing up. Yes, latch her onto some adults and fast- what I really hope not to see is "Season 2: Clem vs Zombiez!!' cause that I think would be- y'know: dumb. Or some variant of that where somehow Clem is the main character and adults are now deferring to her. Bad enough she's an unkillable plot device, but dont make her more than a smart kid with good head on her shoulders

• @Mark$man said: I believe Telltale used their palettes to avoid people leaking the two to the public. So... those images are just creepy and inaccurate xD

Indeed...

@Mark$man said: They were deliberately genericized figures so that someone couldn't rip the 3D assets and definitively declare "IT WAS [X CHARACTERS] AFTER ALL!"

We knew people would do 3D screen dumps and zoom in, and we wanted that to be left a mystery even if people try to cheat. If you look at it with textures and lighting turned on, they are painted completely black, too, with no facial features or anything.

I feel like you have to think about this like a really wide shot in a film that was shot by the second unit team. You COULD zoom really close in to a 70mm film still and say "hey, that's not Tom Cruise, it was an extra!!" but what would the point of that be?

It looks like anything we can guess will only be speculation until Season 2 arrives.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: Were did you find those images, you know I don't want to know but they are kind of creepy.

I found them on a youtube video theory made a while ago so i guesses i would share them with you guys but again I DO NOT OWN THESE IMAGES and i do not claim that they are real but i guess puzzle box could clear our minds ;)

• @Mornai said: Indeed...

It looks like anything we can guess will only be speculation until Season 2 arrives.

hm okay then thanks for bringing back up the truth

• I am pretty sure they did this so if we hacked into the files we would not know the million dollar question as to who they are, they are no walkers as that would be such a wasted of potential.

• [quote=xarne;797796] yes, latch her onto some adults and fast- what i really hope[/quote]

what???

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Tomi021 said: i do not claim that they are real but i guess puzzle box could clear our minds ;)

Hello!

@Tomi021 said: I am pretty sure they did this so if we hacked into the files we would not know the million dollar question as to who they are

Exactly. We know you guys are clever and sneaky! ;)

The team didn't want to leave any clues as to who they might be. Jake (one of the writers on The Walking Dead) explains it in the post quoted above, and I'll quote it again here:

@Tomi021 said: They were deliberately genericized figures so that someone couldn't rip the 3D assets and definitively declare "IT WAS [X CHARACTERS] AFTER ALL!"

We knew people would do 3D screen dumps and zoom in, and we wanted that to be left a mystery even if people try to cheat. If you look at it with textures and lighting turned on, they are painted completely black, too, with no facial features or anything.

I feel like you have to think about this like a really wide shot in a film that was shot by the second unit team. You COULD zoom really close in to a 70mm film still and say "hey, that's not Tom Cruise, it was an extra!!" but what would the point of that be?

So basically... don't worry about those images. It's all a big wonderful mystery.

• @zev_zev said: what?

I mean dont expect us to play a 10yr old girl all alone in the middle of a ZA.
    Cause that's silly- grown men on their own would have a hard time of it, so expecting a little girl to do it all by herself is a deal breaker (for me)

Add Comment