User Avatar Image

What if Kirkman made Walking Dead Game instead of Telltale

posted by master psychic on - last edited - Viewed by 632 users

So what would of happened if Kirkman made the Walking Dead Game Season 1 instead of Telltale ?
Well i can imagine that if he was in charge of season 1 everything would of been different for example Lee wouldn't be a good guy he would a bad man who did many crimes and actually treat Clem like dirt , Clementine would end up as Carl at the end of season 1 and we can't do anything about it , Glenn , Hershel and Lilly would never appear , Kenny would be an actual monster , Ben would be a more of a badass teenager instead of a coward and pretty much he would of made our choices meaningless because if he had his way Kenny , Katjaa , Duck , Carley and Doug would be dead in episode 1 except Lee and Clementine and they would meet a new group in episode 2 and so on and so on .
So if Kirkman made Walking Dead Game and made everything different would you guys still consider this The Game Of The Year and actually like the game ?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If Kirkman wrote this, Carly probably would have shot Lilly first. Larry would have DEFINITELTY rose in the meat locker and taken at least one of us out (Kenny would have got his karma check right there, victim #1), Doug would simply be too smart to die so foolishly in 1 ep, Duck would have been turned by his own mom, who probably got bit during one of her emotional breakdowns. Ben would just explode on sight cause the weak simply dont last in TWD, or would already been half a corpse probably shot in half by his tough-guy friend from the woods or simply not even added due to waste of resources. Clem would probably go the way of Carl but with Lee's guidance, it could be avoided, maybe turning her into more of a Sarah Connor type as she grows up
    /.02

PS- oh and probably 1/2 this forum would /wrists at the sheer darkness of it all

• I could not handle the emotion that game had already, I may have just leaped out the window:rolleyes: from all the bleakness if it was made from Kirkmen.

• The entire game would be extremely dark and everyone would turn on each other, including Lee. You would probably have two options in a certain situation such as A) Kill every single one of your friends and take all the supplies or B) Just kill half of your friends and tell Clem to take the supplies, which will cause her to get shot by Duck who is a reckless little kid just like Carl.

• @Zeruis said: Clem would be dead.

Oh- you went there. Ok then, lets go full Kirkman and say Lee wakes up to the sound of gurgling water, turns over in his sleep and see's Katjaa and Duck dead at the hands of undead Clem, who is now directing her sights on Lee. And there it is, 95% of this forums worst nightmare: Not only is she done for but you get the honor of the killing blow (add some more Kirkman) and the only weapon around is a chainsaw

• TELLTALE DID A PERFECT JOB.
    Change nothing, not the graphics, not the gameplay.
    The only change they need to make, is to say "To Be Continued..." at the end of the Season, and to have the final one have a good ending- like with 28 Days Later, or at least a good but sad ending- like with I Am Legend Movie.
    :)

• @Zeruis said: Clem would be dead.

It's not a fact, Rick still alive, and he's a main character of comics as like Clementine are main character of game.

• @zev_zev said: It's not a fact, Rick still alive, and he's a main character of comics as like Clementine are main character of game.

If it was for Kirkman, I'd say she wouldn't even be the actual main character, but Lee would have been, and thus Clem could have died...

But don't forget everyone, that Kirkman at least had his say in an advising position, so he probably did have a certain influence on Telltale's story, how big or little it was doesn't matter.

• @Xarne said: Oh- you went there. Ok then, lets go full Kirkman and say Lee wakes up to the sound of gurgling water, turns over in his sleep and see's Katjaa and Duck dead at the hands of undead Clem, who is now directing her sights on Lee. And there it is, 95% of this forums worst nightmare: Not only is she done for but you get the honor of the killing blow (add some more Kirkman) and the only weapon around is a chainsaw

Or how about the fact that this took place on the RV, and that right after the zombie Clem nightmare and you leave to talk with the others, she actually reanimated and attacked Lilly and Ben in the back(or just Ben). You(Lee) can't come to kill her, and are in shock, so Kenny lets Katjaa take the wheel while he goes to handle her. So just before Duck's death scene, Kenny deals with Clem's, and so both Lee and Kenny have a debt to each other, so to speak. It would tie in to a greater detail why Lee would want to kill Duck, have Kenny do it, or just leave him, since he already watched his own child die in front of him.

Hehe, that'd be sick to do, but as writers, I'm sure they'll keep us on our toes xD Hear me Telltale? Just keep on what you are doing, even if it makes grown men ball out in tears! (Evil music inserted here)

• @zev_zev said: It's not a fact, Rick still alive, and he's a main character of comics as like Clementine are main character of game.

I would stop reading once Rick died. That issue. Wouldn't you? Who care's about side characters when the main one dies, imo.

If Batman died, Im not going to keep reading on about Commissioner Gordon and Alfred lol.

(Clem's not a character, she's a plot device)

Add Comment