User Avatar Image

Sony Playstation 4

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Here is the PS4 Press Conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh8KLN-l86o

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

For my part, I'm putting my money into Sony's camp, and hope that the XBox One is a colossal failure.

157 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: Remote play as it works right now DOES let you play PS3 content on a Vita at a different WiFi hotspot, by the way.

Ok that is an awesome feature then. Does that work for any PS3 game or just the ones that have Vita versions?

• @Gman5852 said: Ok that is an awesome feature then. Does that work for any PS3 game or just the ones that have Vita versions?

Some PS3 games that have Remote Play
    Lego Batman
    Lair
    All the PixelJunk games
    God of War Collection 1
    Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

On another note doesn't that mean Sony had the idea before Nintendo. Fair enough it was not used to its full potential and Nintendo improved on it completely but still doesn't this not mean that Sony had the idea first?

Edit:Here's a full list of the games for remote play on Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play

• @Gman5852 said: Ok that is an awesome feature then. Does that work for any PS3 game or just the ones that have Vita versions?

For the PS3 it only works for a select number of titles. It doesn't matter if it has a Vita version, you're misunderstanding what this featuer DOES.

Remote play connects your Vita to your PS3 over the internet and streams a video of gameplay to the Vita. The game doesn't actually RUN on the Vita, it's just getting a streaming video from the PS3 and sending input commands over WiFi(so responsiveness depends largely on connection speed). The big problem for Remote Play is support, not many titles(and even less that are worth much) currently support the PS3's remote play functionality, with the notable standouts being stuff like Lair, BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, and every PS1 game on PSN. With the PS4, apparently, they're expanding Remote Play to work with EVERY Playstation 4 title, making it a much more robust feature than it is right now.

• @Rather Dashing said: For the PS3 it only works for a select number of titles. It doesn't matter if it has a Vita version, you're misunderstanding what this featuer DOES.

Remote play connects your Vita to your PS3 over the internet and streams a video of gameplay to the Vita. The game doesn't actually RUN on the Vita, it's just getting a streaming video from the PS3 and sending input commands over WiFi(so responsiveness depends largely on connection speed). The big problem for Remote Play is support, not many titles(and even less that are worth much) currently support the PS3's remote play functionality, with the notable standouts being stuff like Lair, BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, and every PS1 game on PSN. With the PS4, apparently, they're expanding Remote Play to work with EVERY Playstation 4 title, making it a much more robust feature than it is right now.

....and here's a list to said remote play enabled games that i found on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play

• @Rather Dashing said: For the PS3 it only works for a select number of titles. It doesn't matter if it has a Vita version, you're misunderstanding what this featuer DOES.

Ah, that makes a bit more sense. That would be a pretty good feature to have.

• You only need to share the list once, Ryan. ;)

It's a pretty cool feature, and while I doubt I'll really use it, it can't exactly HURT, can it?

• Better than a Kinect that always watches you :P

• @Darth Marsden said: You only need to share the list once, Ryan. ;)

Look who's talking!
    I saw your post in the tropes vs. women thread yesterday before it was edited!

• @der_ketzer said: Look who's talking!
    I saw your post in the tropes vs. women thread yesterday before it was edited!

I screwed up, I fixed it. Everyone's allowed to goof up every once in a while.

Add Comment