User Avatar Image

Star Trek... the Next Thread

posted by BagginsKQ on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

**IRISHMILE EDIT** ok here is your Star Trek thread instead of talking about it on the Kings Quest section.. Enjoy.. we will now return to your previous conversation.............
** END IRISHMILE EDIT**

I'd surely like to ignore the last Star Trek movie (what kind of writer destroys "Romulus and Remus" in an offscreen/minor incident, rather than focusing on it as a major movie in its own right/Why ignore 60 years of Star Trek time travel mechanics? I.E. if you change time, your previous timeline ceases to exist/paradox created, I.E. City on the Edge of Forever (Original Series), Yesterday's Enterprise (TNG) or Past Tense on DS9, etc, thus the need for Temporal Prime Directives, and an agency that monitors for changes in the timeline?)

http://www.tunequest.org/star-trek-2009-permanency/20090604/

...or the last episode of Enterprise...

Oh well... unfortunately all future Star Trek shows and movies will take those into account... Nothing I can do about it...

140 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I liked DS9 for its religious aspects. It was an entire Star Trek series centered on religion. Babylon 5 was very similar.

• I'm not going to rate TOS but in terms of series

1.) TNG
    2.) BS5
    3.) DS9
    4.) VOY
    5.) ENT

• I said this in a Trek forum, and I'm going to say it again here. As much as I love the new films and the new universe and the new crew and the new Enterprise...it IS more action packed, and it's that way for a reason. They have to get butts into those theater seats. Where Star Trek belongs and where it truly thrives isn't the big screen. It's the small. The movies are great, but Trek deserves a series again. Perhaps a series about the USS Kelvin in the Prime timeline. I would also like an animated series based on the new crew's 5 year mission, perhaps in the same style as Star Wars Clone Wars.

Also, one of these days, I'm going to do a write up about some of the things in Into Darkness that people gripe about that I've at least theorized possibilities for.

• Just make sure to include my theory that Khan is actually Dr. Herbert West. Makes the whole tribble nonsense actually make sense.

• @Alcoremortis said: Just make sure to include my theory that Khan is actually Dr. Herbert West. Makes the whole tribble nonsense actually make sense.

While ridiculous...that's pretty funny. :p

• It's not as ridiculous as you might initially think. The Eugenics Wars are right within West's timeline, he's created a universal serum for bringing dead things back to life (generally a whole lot stronger and more savage than before), and at the end of the last movie, he got the idea of giving that serum to people who were already alive.

A slight push says he figured out how to make the serum work on living people, got rid of the obvious side effect of exploding them, and then injected himself and turned into Benedict Cumberbatch. Since the original resurrection serum was still in his blood, of course, it could raise the dead. This also helps with the plot because all the other frozen dudes were just genetically modified and didn't have the serum, so they had to get it specifically from Khan.

I expect my No Prize to arrive any day now.

• Well, it's slightly, slightly less ridiculous than "Brain and brain! What is brain?!"

...god I hate that episode. -_-

• @Shadowknight1 said: Well, it's slightly, slightly less ridiculous than "Brain and brain! What is brain?!"

...god I hate that episode. -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zKDQfVbWqc

My point, exactly.

• Is ReAnimator, like, the secret Telltale "thing" that everybody watches?

• Everyone should watch Re-Animator at least once. It's great. Even the third one is so cornball at the end that it was enjoyable, despite the fact that all the non-Herbert characters were boring and awful.

Add Comment