User Avatar Image

Interview with Dave Boat, voice of Max

posted by Pinchpenny on - last edited - Viewed by 651 users

Hi guys!

I recently put up an interview with Dave Boat over on Sam & Max.co.uk. Dave provided the voice of Max in Poker Night 2, taking over from Telltale's usual choice of William Kasten.

Hope you don't mind the shameless self promotion, but I figured a lot of you would be interested to hear from him.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sure, I like your voice actor interviews. I hope you get to do more in the future! (Though mostly because that would mean more new Sam & Max things would be coming out!)

• @WarpSpeed said: Sure, I like your voice actor interviews. I hope you get to do more in the future! (Though mostly because that would mean more new Sam & Max things would be coming out!)

Thank you! There are lots more interviews lined up (some of them are very exciting), but I'll be pacing them out over the coming months.

• oh look an awesome thing

• So Dave Boat and William Kasten are two different people after all? I thought that Dave was voicing Max all this time and William Kasten was just a pseudonym.

• Yeah, that explains how he's accurate up until he has to stretch his vowels! He is a really good sound-alike though, that's for sure.

Thanks for posting this.

• Well, that explains one thing, but brings up another: Where did William go?

Well eitherway, that was a pretty nice interview to read, as much as it sorta upsets me tha t William's not voicing Max on this game, Dave's voice is absolutely spot on so i don't mind it.

• Thanks for the interview! One of my friends really liked your Nikki Rapp interview, by the way-- there's not enough that mention the Psychonauts voice crew or their roles, and that makes me sad.

• And speaking of Psychonauts, is a certain voice actor from that game going to be interviewed next, Pinchpenny?

• Well this solves the whole "are they the same person?" scenario lol. He's very good at mimicry and seems like a pretty chill guy. Thanks for taking time to do this interview with him I love reading this kind of stuff. :3

• I must admit I'm a little disappointed to learn that Dave Boat and William Kasten are different people after all. I absolutely adore the comfortable dynamic/rapport Kasten and Nowlin have built up after three whole seasons of working with their characters, and knowing that one of them has been replaced for this game takes a bit of the magic away for me.

That's certainly no fault of Mr. Boat's, though, and his impression is nearly spot-on. What a talented man! Great interview all around :)

Add Comment