157 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Amazon has the price for both the PS4 and Xbox One. Both are £600 so I guess I'll be getting the Wii U this year with Sonic Lost World and some other games. I thought both Sony and Microsoft would be smart not to pull this crap again.

• Amazon frequently guess high with prices, especially with long term pre-orders.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if the actual prices aren't far from that figure.

• I don't want a WiiU until a proper Zelda game comes out for it. Once I have one, I would also get at least one Mario game and any proper Metroid games (eg. akin to Prime, not Other M), but to gdt the console in the first place requires a Zelda game.

Well... I say that, but I didn't get a DS despite it having Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks nor the upcoming) LTTP sequel, simply because I don't need a handheld; and I'm also not keen on having to stare at a tablet instead of watching my TV while playing. So I may still not.

• .....and games will be £90 on both consoles, just great (sarcasm)

• No they won't. Games have always been 50 or 60 bucks--even back in the days of the NES, when $50 was more money. They aren't going to charge 90... and especially not when the same game on PC will most certainly not be that much.

I'm not sure whether to be irritated that someone is reporting that they will be that high, or else disappointed that you believe them.

• @Chyron8472 said: I don't want a WiiU until a proper Zelda game
    comes out for it.

Same here.

• I believe them because there was a rumor of prices becoming higher for games. Fair enough they are placeholder prices. They could be cheaper but there's still a chance prices for games will be higher than usual again due to the rumor of higher priced games consoles. Also it's not like we've seen a game console go over £500 (cough) PS3 (cough). Maybe they have learned their lesson but there's still a small chance they didn't.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Chyron8472 said: No they won't. Games have always been 50 or 60 bucks--even back in the days of the NES, when $50 was more money. They aren't going to charge 90... and especially not when the same game on PC will most certainly not be that much.

I'm not sure whether to be irritated that someone is reporting that they will be that high, or else disappointed that you believe them.

I think I'll save this quote for later. :o

It probably won't be 90$/€, but I'm prrrrrretty certain we'll see a definite rise in game prices (while I, on the contrary, believe the consoles themselves will go on sale for far less than their predecessors' launch prices).

• I bet il buy a PS4 just for a new Metal Gear game or something.

• Why would prices go up? Steam will not charge that much, and prices didn't go up for the last six console generations.

Video games have ever been the price that they are. To expect for them to go up now is to have expected them to have gone up for the PS3 and 360.

Add Comment