User Avatar Image

Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

posted by BrianBoyko on - last edited - Viewed by 12.8K users

Howdy. Just thought there might be some interesting places to mine for characters for Poker Night 3.

For example: Farscape. You could get the licence from Channel 9, it's famous enough to be known, obscure enough that the licence is available. Scorpius, Rygel, & Chiana, I think, would make the best choice of players.

From the Valve stable, I'm thinking Dr. Kleiner.

From Adult Swim/Williams St: Nathan Explosion, Master Shake, Cheryl Tunt (from Archer), BraK.

Miscellaneous: Pearl Forrester or Tom Servo from MST3K, Dark Helmet from Spaceballs... Elvira...

and finally...

Tommy Wiseau. As himself.

170 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If we're getting ANY anime character, which wouldn't really fit, I think the best choice is Usopp from One Piece.

*Usopp is known for being a notorious bluffer and a coward. Looks like his AI is set.
    *Usopp has obvious tells in the series, including shaking his legs and stuttering.
    *Usopp is considered the comedic relief, and can act as a straight man and a funny man.
    *Usopp has several alternate costumes, including SOGEKING~!
    *One Piece has reason to be promoted, being finally back on American television.
    *One Piece is very popular with the demographic that Poker Night aims towards.
    *Team Fortress 2 has the Sniper. I could think of hundreds of items that go with him.
    *Usopp has dials, slingshots, treasure, goggles, and other possible bounty unlocks.

He's the only anime character I could ever imagine being in Poker Night.

• "I have eight THOUSAND ACES in my my hand! Fold now if you don't want to lose every chip on the table! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

• @Master of Aeons said: "I have eight THOUSAND ACES in my my hand! Fold now if you don't want to lose every chip on the table! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"USOOOOOOOOOPP fold."

Imagine him telling tall tales about his poker victories. Or maybe pretending like he actually runs The Inventory to try to get an upper hand. God, Telltale. Make this happen now!

• Some more suggestions...

Dave Lister (Red Dwarf)
    Zorak (Space Ghost)
    Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)
    Weird Al Yankovic

• Guybrush Threepwood is almost a MUST for the next Poker Night game as the Telltale representative. That might be interesting.

As far as the other characters:

Gromit has got to be the dealer. That would make things very interesting, because in real poker, the dealer's supposed to be the strong, silent type.

Duke Nukem would be an interesting poker opponent.

Maybe throw in Space Ghost as the obligatory TV character, John McClane as the obligatory film character, and then maybe have more than just those. Maybe it'd be something where every game is different because you have up to 64 opponents and the 4 opponents you get at any point are randomized. That might cut down on repeated dialogue just a tad.

• Oh good, I'm not the only one who feels Sterling Archer would be ridiculously perfect for this game.

If not him, Pam Poovey!

• @Teeth said: Oh good, I'm not the only one who feels Sterling Archer would be ridiculously perfect for this game.

If not him, Pam Poovey!

Yeah, Archer is a no brainer.

But please not Pam. I've gotten kinda sick of her over-presence since she became a field agent. Give me Kreiger or Cyril instead!

• In Poker Night 3 I would like to see a female player, and also multiplayer support.

• It would be cool if the Narrator from Sam and Max The Devil's Playhouse is the host and the dealer for Poker night 3 . Don't get me wrong i like Winslow but the Narrator would be a perfect host for the next game like for example the player ( AKA us ) and the new players are waiting for Winslow but the Narrator shows up and and tells everybody that Winslow is busy and Glados is occupied with her experiments so the Owner offered the Narrator the job and he gladly took it and i can imagine him screwing around with us by teleporting here and there .

• Elwood Blues
    Larry Laffer
    Ace Ventura
    Duke Nukem
    Peter Griffin

Add Comment