User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 23.8K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Glad to hear it, Hudo. Great game, you'll never want to stop once you start getting into it.

• Playing Bayonetta. My god the soundtrack for this video game has some of the most awesome jazz I've ever heard. Most of it sounds like something I'd hear in Darkwing Duck. :D

• Finished Majora's Mask last night. Only played the Song of Time seven times. Next I'll be playing Oracle of Ages/Seasons on the 3DS, while on the Wii I'll be playing Skyward Sword, because damn if I can't remember half that game.

• What connection is there between the oracle games, I know there is a "real" final boss, but is there any other reason for getting both? Are the dungeons different or anything?

• They're entirely separate games, with different overworlds, different dungeons, different items, different characters (though some carry between games), and different stories.

When you beat one game, you get a password for the other. This starts a linked game, which picks up Twinrova's plan from the first, has some characters that react differently because you're already a hero in the other game, includes a side plot with Princess Zelda arriving in whichever region you're in, and starts you off already having your sword and an extra Heart Container.

Also, certain decisions carry from the first game. There's three animal companions that you get to try out, and one becomes permanent depending on where you acquire a certain flute. In the linked game, you keep the same companion. You also can copy over any power rings you've collected, and there's a couple other things that carry over.

Also in a linked game, certain characters will appear who will give you a five character password called a "secret", with the request that you deliver the secret to a certain character in the completed first game. Often (but not always), the recipient will require you to play some sort of minigame, and then you'll either get a new item, an item upgrade, a ring, or a Heart Container. The secret recipient will also give you a new secret to bring back to the linked game, which allows you to redeem the item from Farore in the hub village.

And yeah, after you beat the normal final boss of the linked game, you get to go fight the final bosses of the pair.

Basically, they're two separate, almost equally good Zelda games (I personally prefer Ages, but they're both excellent and I only ever play the pair), and I would highly advise against getting either one by itself.

Also, play Ages first. The story flows better, though I would advise playing Seasons first at least once. Just not on a first run.

• Various GameCube games. Got my GameCube set up an hour or so ago, and now I'm in the process of testing each game that came with it to see how well they work and test the video/audio.

This is a sneaky way of saying "procrastination"

• Started so many games recently, but not much time put into any of them. So recent starters are Thomas Was Alone, Dear Esther, Hotline Miami and XCOM: Enemy Unkown. Long term will have a lot more Civilization V being played while catching up with the Idle Thumbs podcast (only 17 left at this moment) and have just bough FTL.

And on the 360 there's Far Cry 3 and ilomilo. Oh and Fez.

That'll do for now.

• @Alcoremortis said: Various GameCube games.

Which ones?

• Im currently playing naruto shipuden ultimate ninja storm 3 and i would like to get mass effect 1 since i do not own any of the mass effect game and i would like to play the trilogy

But im really enjoying storm 3 i didnt watch any of the shipuden episoders so its a more interesting way of learning the story and also didnt watch the classic naruto to its full extension , but im sill enjoying the game mainly because of the combat system its just so much fun and im playing it fully on legend dificulty altough its my first naruto game and its really easy to get used to.

Add Comment