User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.1K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: Which ones?

I started with ones I wasn't really interested in so that I could figure out the controls and test to make sure it wasn't going to shred my games or anything

So I played Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (Australian Sonic. Hilarious in how direct it is: race through a time course, grab the Thunder Eggs, try to stop the bad bird. The usual) and The Incredibles (I can't believe they intended this game for kids... I can't even figure out how to jump across this gap).

And then I decided that was enough testing and started playing Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, which is just a ton of fun. I never thought I'd work so hard to learn special combos and controls for a game... but here I am doing it. I want to be able to jump from building to building and destroy a city block and chuck trains at people... and so I anticipate spending quite a bit of time on this game just smashing things.

• @Alcoremortis said: I started with ones I wasn't really interested in so that I could figure out the controls and test to make sure it wasn't going to shred my games or anything

So I played Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (Australian Sonic. Hilarious in how direct it is: race through a time course, grab the Thunder Eggs, try to stop the bad bird. The usual) and The Incredibles (I can't believe they intended this game for kids... I can't even figure out how to jump across this gap).

And then I decided that was enough testing and started playing Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, which is just a ton of fun. I never thought I'd work so hard to learn special combos and controls for a game... but here I am doing it. I want to be able to jump from building to building and destroy a city block and chuck trains at people... and so I anticipate spending quite a bit of time on this game just smashing things.

So the thing about scientists all secretly wanting to be Hulk is true then?

• I don't think I'd want to be him necessarily. Seriously, that guy has the suckiest life of any comic book hero that I've read. With Banner, even when he wins, he loses.

• @Alcoremortis said: I don't think I'd want to be him necessarily. Seriously, that guy has the suckiest life of any comic book hero that I've read. With Banner, even when he wins, he loses.

But you DO want the power. The smashy smashy!!! ;D

• @Alcoremortis said: I want to be able to jump from building to building and destroy a city block and chuck trains at people...

This made me lol irl.

It makes me want to get the game, but then I already have Prototype and inFamous 2, and I've heard these games are all extremely similar gameplay-wise.

Still... a girl playing a game where she wanders about chucking trains at people makes me laugh. :D

Btw, you are required to obtain Zelda: Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for your GameCube in order to keep any amount of gamer cred. I suggest Wind Waker first.

EDIT: Oh... I just have to ask: are you playing your games in their original aspect ratio, or are you stretching them to fill the screen even if they have no widescreen support? My nephews always have their 4:3 games stretched to 16:9 and it drives me nuts.

• Birds in SPACE (that are angry).

• @Chyron8472 said:
    Still... a girl playing a game where she wanders about chucking trains at people makes me laugh. :D

...Why? Do men have a monopoly on destruction or something?

• It's not because I have some male chauvinist thing going on. It's more the decidedly feminine voice I had in my imagination that is talking specifically about chucking trains.

Then again, if you said chucking tractors or cows, it would probably be equally funny.

EDIT: It is.

I must be in a silly mood today.

@der_ketzer said: Birds in SPACE (that are angry).

I've been playing this, except it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

• @Alcoremortis said: ...Why? Do men have a monopoly on destruction or something?

Yes. Get out of my gaming clubhouse, GIRL.

Z6Q46Ol.jpg

Relevance:

Ultimate Spider-Man
    Spider-Man: Lethal Foes
    Thor: God of Thunder DS
    Spider-Man Web of Shadows DS

The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

And I'm almost done with Mother 3.

• Been trying a few DS games, mostly Glory of Heracles, which has a good sense of humour about things that make it much more enjoyable to play than I'd have thought.

Add Comment