User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 38.4K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Friar said: Well, there goes my theory of him being the last doctor. Hopefully we get an older doctor this time. Or Martin Freeman.

Older?
    Christopher Lee please

Make it happen SteMo.

• Ben Kingsly for the next Doctor.

• Benedict Cumberbatch for 12! Even if there's no feasible way between Sherlock and two more Hobbit movies!

• Yeah. Also Benedict Cumberbatch is more suited for the Master, I feel. He's too... sinister. It's the voice.

• @Darth Marsden said: IAN AND BARBARA GET MARRIED!

No, not that. The other thing. Remember, I was referring to something that

@Darth Marsden said: 'explains' a major factor of the series from all the way back in 1963....

@Darth Marsden said: Didn't SJA explane that way back.

No, what Darth Marsden talked about has been in canon since at least the novel "Goth Opera". They have a son called John, which stems from some complicated fanfic written by fans-turned-novelists whereby John Chesterton becomes a music star under the stage name of Johnny Chess - y'know, the guy Ace idolises in the early New Adventures - and marries, then divorces, Tegan. In fact, in the novel "The King of Terror", 5th Doctor-era Tegan briefly bumps into a bewildered post-divorce Johnny Chess.

Incidentally, Bleeding Cool says that John Hurt is expected to reappear after November. So, might *he* be the next Doctor after all? Or, after he was mentioned in "The Name of the Doctor"... Michael Jayston?! Or somebody who looks like he did when he was younger?!

• @FitzoliverJ said: No, not that. The other thing.

I know full well what you meant. But telling people what it was wouldn't encourage them to go out and get it, would it? ;)
    @FitzoliverJ said: Incidentally, Bleeding Cool says that John Hurt is expected to reappear after November. So, might *he* be the next Doctor after all? Or, after he was mentioned in "The Name of the Doctor"... Michael Jayston?! Or somebody who looks like he did when he was younger?!I really can't see someone Hurt's age being a modern Doctor. The show's so fast-paced these days it'd be a kiss of death unless they were going to completely change the tone of the whole thing.

• Have Hugh Lorie play the Doctor! He can satisfy fans who want an older Doctor (cos the actor's age is now important for...some reason) and he managed to be fast paced on House with a cane so he can keep up with Nu Who.

• I hope River will be in 11's last ep even in a cameo role cos she is a huuuuge part of 11s life and time on the show.

• Matt Smith has survived a long time...
    Well he has been a doctor for 200 years...

Add Comment