User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 24.6K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: Reminds me more of an emotionally dead JonTron.

...it's the beard, OK?

As long as its not the fat...

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@coolsome said: As long as its not the fat...

No, it's the sideburns. I want those sideburns. Forget the beard, those are enough.

• _-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-PS3-_.jpg
    I'm one of the few who actually dug this game in spite of its flaws and the terribly misleading advertising. I declare it to be the best 'Alien' game since 'ALIEN 3: The Gun' (I'm not counting 'Alien Vs Predator 2' because that's technically a spin-off game).

@Darth Marsden said: Reminds me more of an emotionally dead JonTron.

...it's the beard, OK?

I was thinking more along the lines of Wolverine, except Coolsome is far, far more badass than Hugh Jackman ever could be.

• @St_Eddie said:
    I'm one of the few who actually dug this game in spite of its flaws and the terribly misleading advertising. I declare it to be the best 'Alien' game since 'ALIEN 3: The Gun' (I'm not counting 'Alien Vs Predator 2' because that's technically a spin-off game).

I played through it a few times. It did get better after a few patches. Unfortunately the patches didn't replace more of the WY sprites or change the ending, but we can't win them all. Overall, I didn't mind it too much and I will eventually play it yet again.

• @Johro said: I played through it a few times. It did get better after a few patches. Unfortunately the patches didn't replace more of the WY sprites or change the ending, but we can't win them all. Overall, I didn't mind it too much and I will eventually play it yet again.

I actually played it without any patches since I'm offline and whilst there were a fair few glitches, there was certainly nothing too bad or game breaking. Maybe I just got lucky. Also, I think that I'm happier than most with the game because I waited a couple of months to buy it and therefore only paid £17.

• retrogamer116.jpg

This month the greatest magazine ever made features a whopping 17 page look back at the (once) genius of Lucasarts, in memorandum of they're recent closure. Amongst all of the usual goodness, there's also 6 pages devoted to Dr. Who games (1983 to 2012). Viva La Retro Gamer!

DISCLAIMER: Though the above love fest may make it sound as though I am an employee of 'Image Publishing', I can assure you that I am not. I merely have very good taste in reading material.

• VnGZk4W.jpg

k28ViJr.jpg

8gRG5NW.jpg

Outside of the soundtrack, which is a physical copy, why THE FUCK did I buy THESE games instead of the PS1 Clock Tower, which I could have done. Fucking.....let my family guilt trip me into not spending over 30 dollars, and wanted a game with a mummy. Argh FUCK FUCK! Shadow of Destiny and Sphinx better be the best fucking games I've ever played in my LIFE!

• @St_Eddie said: I actually played it without any patches since I'm offline and whilst there were a fair few glitches, there was certainly nothing too bad or game breaking.

They did massive patches for PC to enhance graphics and overall physics. The game is much more atmospheric now and the Alien AI is a lot better. Last I heard, they were slowly rolling this out on consoles.

• @Johro said: They did massive patches for PC to enhance graphics and overall physics. The game is much more atmospheric now and the Alien AI is a lot better. Last I heard, they were slowly rolling this out on consoles.

Huh, sounds pretty good. I've lugged my PS3 up to my parents for the week so I'll try connecting to the Internet and downloading the patches. Might as well play some multiplayer whilst I'm at it too!

Anyone with a PS3 can add me if they like; USERNAME: St_Eddie

• @Secret Fawful said: VnGZk4W.jpg

I have that too!:D

Add Comment