User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.2K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Arsun97 said: https://vine.co/v/b3gbMwUuD1x Is this TWD s2?

Veeeery interesting. Could "Vince" or "Bonnie" be our new PC?

...or could they both be the new PC?

• It looks like The White House in Bonnie's picture, in DC. And the date I believe was at the 200 day+ mark, so maybe the group is moving to Washington D.C. like Rick's group did? Let's see!

*Attempts hack into Telltale's databases*

"Ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word!"

*Glares at screen*

I don't like Jurassic Park references, Telltale... not one bit.

• Maybe Clemmy is going to Washington DC. A bit of sight seeing please. Would be awesome if the story went there and incorporated monuments

• lol if Clementine moves to Washington DC, then a monument of the Walking Dead should be made there. That would be SICK!

• You guys are expecting way to much from them. They cant even make your decisions fall through in the long run, so what makes you think they are going to go this deep in making season 2?

• @Kartonnendozen said: I really hope Lee doesn't get replaced. I'm really afraid a older Duck will be the main character. In search of his ''childhood friend'' Clementine. But Clem abanded Duck for obvious reasons.

I don't think you have to worry about that.

• I think the 400 days crew will join Omid/ Christa and Clem as the main group. I think it would be cool if for each episode in season 2 you play as someone different. Like youll play as wyatt for the first episode, Bonnie the second, Russel the third, etc. Still the story will be centered around Clem but just different characters to lead the story. I think they will all meet up at the camp, itll get over run and there on their own again.

• Suggestions for Season 2:

- Female PC. Would just be interesting. I trust TTG would manage to do this in a good and interesting way.
    - Don't make each episode about different characters. I would prefer to have the emotional depth of season 1 by just playing one person.
    - TTG already talked about cannibalism, food shortage, theft, exiling the weak, bandits and many other things. It would be nice if the future episodes would have some new topics like a new kind of slavery (humans or zombies as workforces), the rule of the strongest, status of women in this post apocaliptic world etc.
    - Please don't integrate some stupid/comedic characters like "Duck". He redeemed himself in the end and I really enjoyed his detective work, but he just felt displaced. Eddie from DLC 400 days is much better. He should have a bigger role in season 2 for sure!!!
    - You don't have to kill off everyone in seson 2.
    - Integrate a battery puzzle in memory of Carley the fair. How about finding some old recording device from her jop as reporter? That might need batteries and she could comment the first few hours of the madness around her.
    - What about religion? Are the zombies the end of the world? Are there crazy new cults our there? Will scientology finally rule the world? Might be interesting to have some priest in the new group in season 2. .. oh shiii*****t! I've got it!!....

Season two features a female priest as the main character. Can she stick to her beliefs? How does she change? How does it influence her faith? Well, I guess not many people would like to play that. But a side character could be fine?

• @silverpython14 said: I think the two shadows at the hill top are bonnie and Vince but that would be heart-breaking because that means that its less likely for clem to find christa and omid

should be christa and omid. Every you said is just silly.

Add Comment