User Avatar Image

Sonic The Hedgehog Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

Sonic the hedgehog is a great video game character. Now i never had to do this before but i feel since this is a thread about Sonic i need to set some rules.

1.While you may talk about the bad Sonic games please don't turn this thread into a rant about Sonic being good then bad then starting to get good since Sonic Unleashed's day time levels.

2.This is a thread for fans of Classic Sonic,Modern Sonic, & fans of both so please respect others opinions.

3.Please no huge rants about Modern Sonic.

4.No huge rants about Sonic Characters/Sonic having too many friends. You may talk about Sonic characters you hate and why you hate them but no huge rants about Sonic being the only good Sonic Character.

I'm sorry about all those rules but this being a Sonic thread i felt i needed to set some ground rules.

You can talk about Sonic Games,Sonic Characters,Sonic Comics,Sonic cartoons and anything Sonic. You can even talk about Mario here.

Anyway he has been in loads of video games, A lot good, Some Bad. My question is what is your favorite Sonic game? Mine is a tie between Sonic Generations,Sonic Adventure DX, & Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

107 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well after seeing the gameplay my basic thoughts are there is going back to your roots and then there's Sonic Lost World. Again sorta disappointing. One of the biggest things that the Mario games have done wrong is that its usually the same old story. Princess Peach gets kidnapped Mario saves her and now we are going to the same story of Eggman attacks animals and Sonic saves them and i think this is the completely wrong direction. Yes Sonic stories have not been the best games that have excellent stories. But again if they went the simple direction of trying to use the stories of the comics then the stories would be far better. Archie as i said have made stories with character development, and even made characters people hated more better.

• Uh, it's not Eggman in Lost World. It's a new set of enemies. Were you not paying attention?

• On Wikipedia it says Eggman let them loose but shockingly they betray him and Sonic and Eggman are forced to work together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Lost_World

• Oh. Well, whatever, he's not the main bad guy. Good enough.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: On Wikipedia it says Eggman let them loose but shockingly they betray him and Sonic and Eggman are forced to work together.

Isnt that the plot of every damn Sonic game recently.

• Uhh...no? Sonic 4 had Eggman revive Metal Sonic at Stardust Speedway from Sonic CD and then build another Death Egg, and Sonic Generations had Robotnik and Eggman working together to try and erase Sonic from time. And as far as I know, Eggman was decidedly the villain in both Unleashed and Colors. In fact, is there a main-series Sonic game (or hell, even a side game that doesn't involve the Olympics) since Sonic Adventure 2 where Eggman actually did have to work together with Sonic?

• Sonic games have never been burdened with the most complex (or high quality) plots. k?

Anyone played the stupidly named fan games Before the Sequel/After the Sequel? Kotaku did an article about them recently and I thought I might give them a go.

• @Darth Marsden said: Sonic games have never been burdened with the most complex (or high quality) plots. k?

Anyone played the stupidly named fan games Before the Sequel/After the Sequel? Kotaku did an article about them recently and I thought I might give them a go.

Yes. They're enormously well made and they have gorgeous soundtracks.

• Cool. I'll definitely give 'em a go then.

Add Comment