User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 7.7K users

Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.

687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: How the HELL do you write an OBVIOUSLY SCRIPTED demo for the press, and decide the best way to go is to put a woman on stage, dominate her, and use lines like "Just let it happen, it'll be over soon"?

Does nobody vet ANYTHING over there?!

It's just Microsoft acting like the kinds of people you find on their online service and do nothing about.

• @Hudomonkey said: So In Britain you pay an extra £100 in order not to have any of the TV features...

So what else is new? This shit has been going on since the days of the Super Nintendo (and probably before that).

• "Wow, you like this?"
    "No, I don't like this!"

• So Microsoft is offering Xbox Live members games that came out in 2007 and 2008 to try strike at Sony's Playstation Plus service. Hmmm let's see here. PS Plus gives me at least 3 free games a month and some of those could have come out in 2 years or less. Look at the games coming this Wednesday. Uncharted 3 which came out at the end of 2011 so about a year and a half ago, LBP Karting which came out around seven months ago, and XCom which came out around September-November while Xbox offers 2 free games from over 4 years ago a month -_-.

Also did they serious act like 8 year old Cod fans during it? From the way you guys made it sound, they acted like the idiot assholes online who think they are big shit and then get their ass kicked.

• Not really. It was just some guy showing off a new game stick in Killer Instinct. He just kicked a woman's ass at it and uttered that horrible phrase.

Most of it was developers presenting their games and that numbnut from Microsoft talking about how great their console is.

• At least it was all about the games...
    And Smart Glass...(sigh)

• Eugh! What a crap conference. -_-
    (And a crap console.)

• @Rather Dashing said: How the HELL do you write an OBVIOUSLY SCRIPTED demo for the press, and decide the best way to go is to put a woman on stage, dominate her, and use lines like "Just let it happen, it'll be over soon"?

Does nobody vet ANYTHING over there?!

Yes. They could have at least used "Tonight I'm Fucking You" by Enrique Iglesias in the backgroud.

• What do you expect? Let's all face it, The Xbox One is one load of shit. If your internet goes off it becomes a paperweight after 24 hours without internet. While it does not force a fee i doubt that many Developers will not use the fee. They paid off Developers to try and make their crappy console look half way decent only to get caught out, They act like a 10 year old to a woman when showing off Killer Instinct which sorta encourages the kind of stupid annoying behavior that you see when playing games like Cod online and Finaly they try to one up the excellent PS Plus service by offering 2 four year old games a month while PS Plus has 3 free games (5 if you have a Vita) and most of them are barely 2 years old. Microsoft....please just stop.....you've basically a joke of the Xbox with the Xbox One in my opinion.

• OK. Here's what's been announced (so far as I can tell):

- A new version of the XBox 360 with a design based on that of the XBone. Yay.
    - XBox Live Gold members get two free games a month, starting with AssCreed 2 and Halo 3, both games you can buy pre-owned for a pittance. And, as an E3 bonus, Fable 3 - though that one sucks. Hard. Do better, Microsoft.
    - Games! Lots of games were announced! Yay?
    --- World of Tanks: 360 Edition (so doesn't count!)
    --- Killer Instinct! And it's not being made by Rare! This might not suck!
    --- Sunset Overdrive looks awesome, but I don't know if it's XBone exclusive. Hope not!
    --- D4, a Swery65 cell-shaded episodic murder mystery. Colour me curious.
    --- Dead Rising 3 is an exclusive to the XBone.
    --- New Halo! Don't know if it's a sequel or prequel or what, but it's Halo. 'nuff said.
    ...and a bunch of others I couldn't care about.

Price and release date has already been mentioned: $499/£429/499€ and November.

Add Comment