User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users

Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.

687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @der_ketzer said: it is. Especially now that they can afford it.

They really can't. Microsoft is doing what they're doing now because "they can afford it". Sony's financials can't.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@der_ketzer said: PS4 will be 600$ at least. Sad but true.

Huh. Time's running out, so what are you betting against my assumption that the PS4 is at or below the XBO asking price?

• I'm betting 400-450. It took them too long to play catch up last time. Although they are having trouble. It might be 500, but I doubt it will be more. I'm still going with 400-450.

• stupid website crashed as i tried to post lol

why do you think the uk has to a 100 quid more ?? the price is clearly less ?

the killer instinct unveil the woman was clearly bored not interested or just flat out hated being there.. on the first 'match' she gets owned and complains non stop through out, then suddenly her friends are around then on the second match she owns the guy and walks off..

the battle field 4 unviel has some tech issues with the demo starting up... and lol at the presenters being lemons and the heckler..suddenly i lost the live stream feed on my xbox as did others apparantly and then it was back..

the sunrise overdrive seems to borrowing alot of ideas of other games 'not all successful'

it gives me a borderlands style lots of guns/ humour with a brink/mirrors edge parkour movement and the graphics style from epic's fortnite. interesting mix..

• I suspect the reason the price is so high in the UK is related to the fact that the XBO is supposedly region locked.

• @Milosuperspesh said: the killer instinct unveil the woman was clearly bored not interested or just flat out hated being there.. on the first 'match' she gets owned and complains non stop through out, then suddenly her friends are around then on the second match she owns the guy and walks off..

That was because they were showing off how great their new fight stick whatever pad is and how powerless she was against it. :rolleyes:

• Fight sticks, being designed after arcade cabinets, really are the best way to play fighting games if you're really serious about them.

• so if they so good how come she won the second time ? ;)

uk price is 429

us /euro 499..

i'm questioning where a previous poster gets a 100 more in the uk from ??

• @Milosuperspesh said: uk price is 429

us /euro 499..

i'm questioning where a previous poster gets a 100 more in the uk from ??

Because of the conversion rate. The UK equivelent of $499 is around £320. Therefore, seeming as the UK price is £429, us Brits are paying approximately £100 more than the yanks.

Simples.

• @Milosuperspesh said: I'm questioning where a previous poster gets a 100 more in the uk from ??

Conversion.
    UK works out to $668.

So really, it's $168 more.

Add Comment