User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 6.4K users

Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.

687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • the price difference to me is because of the kinect system with the xbone.

since the ps4 doesn't have a 'eye toy' like sensor in that pic..

so unless sony are making it optional like they did before with the ps3 and seperate items..like the wii rip off wand things... yeah it'll cost the same.. (note i ain't watched any sony stuff) so just guessing .

• That has nothing to do with it Milo. No one wants the Kinect because everyone thinks its a piece of shit and no one wanted it. Crapbox have screwed it up. They want extra money after you buy the console for Xbox Live,If you buy a pre owned game since you most likely you want to get a cheap game or at least cheaper than the game usually is but nope Microsoft wants even more money for it. Microsoft are just being greedy assholes and now it's going to come back and bite them on the ass for it.

• yes it does... oh look the ps4 will need a 'kinect v1.4 ps4 eyetoy' but it's seperate...oh look the wands are back..

oh look now they say the ps plus is mandatory for online play ooh look that what the xbox 360 had...

yeah.. for certain games they will be needed.... extra cost which for those who haven't already got them../need the upgraded versions..

yeah they'll be spending about the same...

but what ever...

• Well, SOMEBODY had to be in the XBox camp. I mean society would crumble without defectors.

• lol

yeah i'm more inclined to stick with xbox but i ain't buying either next gen till i see some true originality..

which so far all i see is the same old crap or stuff thats borrowing old /current/ overused idea's..

so in short till tell tale go next gen...

• @Milosuperspesh said: so in short till tell tale go next gen...

Now that joke I got. Can't stop laughing.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Hey! We're bashing the Xbox One here. Just remember: cross-bashing weakens the impact on the original target.

• @Milosuperspesh said: the price difference to me is because of the kinect system with the xbone.

since the ps4 doesn't have a 'eye toy' like sensor in that pic..

I totally want a monitoring device I can't turn off with the ability to detect my every movement down to my very pulse with my game console made by a company that has a history of complying with the nsa.

God, Sony, get it together!

• paranoid much tope ?

wow next you'll be saying you wear a tinfoil hat...

@der_ketzer said: Now that joke I got. Can't stop laughing.

i was being serious ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Read the news, buddy. :o

Tope has actually managed to insinuate NOTHING... and presented bare facts with that last post exclusively.

Add Comment