User Avatar Image

E3 2013 thread

posted by lattsam on - last edited - Viewed by 8.7K users

Because no one else is making one, I thought I'd do it.

Let's discuss this year's E3. Do you think [insert company name here] is going to make the games you want to play?

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So the PS4, which had maybe RFID locked games, then maybe no DRM, then absolutely no DRM, then DRM left up to the publishers, now has no DRM again save for maybe an online pass, and that's it.

• @Gman5852 said: Nintendo just dropped a bomb onto E3

That is the sound of WiiUs being sold by the thousands.

That's a strange surprise. I was expecting to have Mii as a playable character, but between this and the Villager it seems like they're using up their novelty slots fast

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Gibbeynator said: So the PS4, which had maybe RFID locked games, then maybe no DRM, then absolutely no DRM, then DRM left up to the publishers, now has no DRM again save for maybe an online pass, and that's it.

There's only one thing that really has to hold true, and that's that the console can be used completely offline if the user wishes to. The fact that online features cost money points rather strongly in the direction that all this is optional. As I could never download PS4 games (BR discs with 25, 50 or even more GB), I'm bound to disc based games anyway, where Sony upholds all the usual customer rights.

• @Gibbeynator said: So the PS4, which had maybe RFID locked games, then maybe no DRM, then absolutely no DRM, then DRM left up to the publishers, now has no DRM again save for maybe an online pass, and that's it.

Wait, what?! So I'm going to need to log on to the Internet as a one off to activate the game (if the publishers deem it necessary)? How's that going to work when I don't have access to the Internet at my flat?

THE WHOLE WORLD ISN'T CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. STOP PUSHING THIS SHIT ON US PLEASE.

• Just finished watching the Nintendo Direct. Still too much bloom on "The Wind Waker HD" for my tastes, but the music for "Super Mario 3D World" is FANTASTIC.

• Yeah Sony! HOW DARE YOU FORCE ME TO HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION IN ORDER TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE?!

Also the Nintendo Direct was the most boring, uneventful thing ever. When the only exciting thing is a Megaman not based off bullshit spin-offs in a party game, your show is a dud.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@St_Eddie said: Wait, what?! So I'm going to need to log on to the Internet as a one off to activate the game (if the publishers deem it necessary)? How's that going to work when I don't have access to the Internet at my flat?

THE WHOLE WORLD ISN'T CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. STOP PUSHING THIS SHIT ON US PLEASE.

Nonono. This article specifically says ONLINE games. MULTIPLAYER games. Stuff you have to be online for to actually play the game. Not single player stuff.

@St_Eddie said: In a nutshell, you can buy a used single-player game for the PS4 and play it all you want. If you want to go online with it, you may have to deal with some sort of publisher-determined DRM, be it an Online Pass or whatever.

• @Vainamoinen said: Nonono. This article specifically says ONLINE games. MULTIPLAYER games. Stuff you have to be online for to actually play the game. Not single player stuff.

Okay, my bad. All is cool again in the world.

@Vainamoinen said: Yeah Sony! HOW DARE YOU FORCE Me TO HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION IN ORDER TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE?!

I KNOW, RIGHT? ALSO, HOW DARE THEY DEMAND THAT I OWN A GAMES CONSOLE AND TV TO PLAY GAMES. THEY SHOULD TRANSMIT THE GAMES DIRECTLY INTO MY BRAIN VIA TELEPATHY. The BASTARDS!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@St_Eddie said: Okay, my bad. All is cool again in the world.

Well, sort of. EA has many Mass Effect 3's left to pull off obviously. ;)

(Please don't delete your messages, it makes the forum a lot less readable. Hey, you're helping those who make the same mistake! ;) ).

Add Comment