User Avatar Image

Anyone else disappointed in the coverage TellTale has given The Wolf Among Us?

posted by DrChem on - last edited - Viewed by 4.3K users

I certainly am, we haven't gotten any piece of information in awhile and since this is coming out in summer it makes me even more nervous that they figured out it sucked and are just quietly releasing it.

94 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • maybe a line or two about twd dlc / s2 as well cos you know some interviewer will ask ;)

• Have to say that I'm pretty disappointed that all we've had so far is the Game Informer article and a couple of interviews. TWAU is the one title that I've been looking forward to since it was announced (even though I've never read Fables). It's understandable that TTG want to push TWD as much as possible, given its popularity, but I don't understand the almost total information blackout on this game.

@puzzlebox said: E3 is less than 3 weeks away now! The Wolf Among Us will be very much the focus for us there, so you can probably expect to see more details and interviews hitting then.

So it seems the day one focus was once again TWD. Looking forward to finding out if any more TWAU information comes out in days two and three. I'm just hoping that the focus hasn't shifted too much...

Edit: Can't believe I've had an account here for over 6 years, and this was my first post...

• Well, from the 400 days thread

@puzzlebox said: It's all 400 Days at E3 - we're planning to do The Wolf Among Us at another event.

Obviously the focus has shifted since three weeks ago.

• Priority coverage goes to the thing that's coming out sooner. So from that the Walking Dead DLC will be out before TWAU.

• @corruptbiggins said: Priority coverage goes to the thing that's coming out sooner. So from that the Walking Dead DLC will be out before TWAU.

So the game might not come out until August!?

• That is one possibility. And that is still summer.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@mosfet said: Obviously the focus has shifted since three weeks ago.

It did, and I agree with Hero that it's a bit disappointing. But understandable to a degree: we shouldn't forget how short the production time frames usually are for Telltale. To 'focus' on something doesn't take a year for them like it does other companies, so this focus can be complete and enthusiastic - and it can shift pretty quickly if need be.

However, this is a marketing strategy that is clearly entangled in Telltale's 'old' ways of doing things. We've heard time and again that simultaneous releases are just around the corner for TTG - in the same vein, they'll have to learn simultaneous presentations of their games as well. Seems like they're not quite ready for that yet. :p

• I can only think of 2 events where they could show this off at. If it's not at SDCC, it'll be at PAX.

• I'm really getting tired of how much exposure The Walking Dead is getting. It's not exactly a shock, but I really don't want Telltale to end up as "The Walking Dead Company."

Add Comment