User Avatar Image

Will you still play The Walking Dead: The Game Season 2 if Clementine is not in it?

posted by J_Scheff on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

The first season revolves around her, it would be strange for me to play it if she is not there at my side needing my protection.

I would give season 2 a shot, but without the drama and emotional toll caring for and protecting Clem it wont be nearly as good as S1, especially without Lee and Clem.

At any rate, I will be pissed if she is no longer part of TWD game.

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'll get season 2 either way, but I still really want Clementine to be in it.

  • I would play it either way for sure because I loved Season 1. I would love Clementine to be in the Season 2, as she was a great character, but I would not want to be her guardian like Lee was in Season 1. I feel like if I was her guardian again it would be repetitive and I don't think another person could have that same connection that Lee had with Clementine.

  • saying you're not going to continue the game again just cause one character is gone is stupid. Reminds me of the outrage at telltale people had for killing off Carley. This game isn't called "The Walking Clementine" and it never will be, She's a sweet girl and one of hte best child characters ever made, or THE best, but thats just really stupid, in something like the walking dead, noone is the main character. It's about survival and how people ..humanity..deals with it.

  • @stevean2 said: saying you're not going to continue the game again just cause one character is gone is stupid. Reminds me of the outrage at telltale people had for killing off Carley. This game isn't called "The Walking Clementine" and it never will be, She's a sweet girl and one of hte best child characters ever made, or THE best, but thats just really stupid, in something like the walking dead, noone is the main character. It's about survival and how people ..humanity..deals with it.

    There seems to actually be quite a streak of awesome child characters in gaming lately. It's good!

  • @TJPguy said: There seems to actually be quite a streak of awesome child characters in gaming lately. It's good!


    Really, Haven't been paying much attention to recent games as of late. What games included them?

  • @TJPguy said: Originally Posted by TJPguy View Post
    If an entire game series' playability revolves around one character, one plot point which if they removed would cause the entire next season to collapse and become instantly disliked without even giving it a chance - is it really a good game in the first place? Are you really enjoying the game if you're only playing it for one thing?

    Surely a close to perfect game would be able to easily keep interest going no matter the absence or death or twist. The other characters and environments (and story) should keep things going.

    So I just find it a little funny when people say it's the best game they've ever played but wouldn't touch the series again if Clem was written out/died/whatever.

    Well that is not quite correct at all... That is like saying the bourne trilogy isnt any good because they focus on One character and One Plot. Those are great movies, but once they tried using the same universe, and everything, only switched out the character and the plot the quality fell a lot. A good game or movie is based mostly on its characters and plot.

    So why would it make it not a good game or movie if you are playing/watching it for the two main defining factors? Your comment doesnt make sense from a story writing standpoint.

  • By the end of season 1 I was absolutely hoping and expecting to play as Clem. It seemed like the only logical thing to me, and I was very much looking forward to it. I wouldn't mind if there were several playable characters with Clem only being one of them, and I did like what I saw in a trailer for a season 1 DLC that didn't include her.

    I could see various things they could do in season 2, including disposing of Clem in some way or another or never even bringing her in, but considering everything they'd be taking a risk of alienating many fans. Even if the game is fantastic, if you break expectations for something that was pretty much a promise then you risk having the player's entire view of the game being colored by that disappointment.

    I would like to play the game I've seen in that trailer, which appears to be a Clem-free DLC. I'd also like to play the game I expected, with Clementine as the main character.

  • I'll be gutted if Clem isn't in season 2 but to be honest I don't think playing *as* her would be the same. One of the most emotional aspects of TWD was making decisions with Clementine in mind. A great example is in Episode 2. I killed the first brother but when it cut to her crying "no" I felt so terrible I couldn't kill the second.

    If you're making the decisions as Clementine instead of for Clementine (see what I did there) then it won't be as emotionally heavy.

  • @FatTonyVG said: I'll be gutted if Clem isn't in season 2 but to be honest I don't think playing *as* her would be the same. One of the most emotional aspects of TWD was making decisions with Clementine in mind. A great example is in Episode 2. I killed the first brother but when it cut to her crying "no" I felt so terrible I couldn't kill the second.

    If you're making the decisions as Clementine instead of for Clementine (see what I did there) then it won't be as emotionally heavy.

    Maybe, but I felt like she and Lee really were a team, and by the end I felt like she was really maturing and I wanted to see things from her point of view and do things as her. I think living in that kind of world as a child is a whole different experience, and one that I really want to have.

  • It'd certainly make the zombies seem more intimidating during the occasion first-person moments!

Add Comment