User Avatar Image

Companion

posted by TeamKennyAlways on - last edited - Viewed by 976 users

It's TeamKennyAlways here with another thread and today well right this second I thought of something interesting to discuss with you all. So it's time to vote out of the options above in season 2 who would you rather have as a companion (someone like Clem by your side to help) a child, an adult (like Kenny), a dog (like Sam in I am Legend) or other and what would other option be? Say why you would want someone like this to have your back?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Adult of course (sorry Clemmy), but if we will find a lonely child, then we will surely help him/her to survive, it is not even discussed.

• Even though I'm a huge fan of Clem, I would prefer having a dog as a companion for a couple episodes only, then I would like to get Clemmy back :]

• I want a cat as my companion. Why isn't that one of the choices? :(

• Child, as I would find them more useful than an adult, more entertaining, and more lively.

• @MesterF said: I want a cat as my companion. Why isn't that one of the choices? :(

I'm really sorry dude but you don't see many cats killing zombies in video games very often so I didn't put it in and I also thought it would be an unpopular choice but you can vote other if you want.

• @Mark$man said: Child, as I would find them more useful than an adult, more entertaining, and more lively.

Especially when the child begins to cry in fear at the sight of zombies, and attract more of them :)
    However, I would act the same way if I'll find a lonely child, if I leaving a baby in trouble, I just can't then live with it.
    I just want to say that adult companion are more helpful (in the begin) then kids.

• True, but how does it matter? Would you throw your humanity away that far? What is the purpose for living if there is nothing worth living for? The children are the hope of the world, they would be the saviors of the apocalypse, that they may live a safer life than us who suffered from it. If you and five guys survive, what was the point? How can the human race carry on? What about a love partner? What about getting the world working again? While an adult can definitely benefit survival, a child can too. I believe the young can do just as the older can; it is simply that we build walls, and make lines saying what a child can and can't do. A child doesn't have to be a liability; it is only if you let them be or not.

• @Mark$man said: True, but how does it matter? Would you throw your humanity away that far? What is the purpose for living if there is nothing worth living for? The children are the hope of the world, they would be the saviors of the apocalypse, that they may live a safer life than us who suffered from it. If you and five guys survive, what was the point? How can the human race carry on? What about a love partner? What about getting the world working again? While an adult can definitely benefit survival, a child can too. I believe the young can do just as the older can; it is simply that we build walls, and make lines saying what a child can and can't do. A child doesn't have to be a liability; it is only if you let them be or not.

True words kid. But who cares about this high moral things, when people just want to survive? In theory, all sounds good, but in practice, sometimes morality can cause death. That's why I never say that 'If ZA will ever happends, I will survive, coz I'll be real badass mothafucka, like Deryl" It's so stupid, I will die because I'm really care about childrens, about moral things. High moral=death. The children are the hope of the world - is no more then beautifull words in ZA sutyation.

• Exactly. I'm a moral guy. So if a zombie apocalypse happens, I'm dying to save a kid. The duty of the elders is to make sure the young grow up safely, and that is no different now. And while morals may not always be the best thing, if your standards go too low, you are less than the walkers. I would rather die than be such a heartless monster. Don't get me wrong, I'll focus on survival, and if that means breaking few eggs, I'm game. I'd be out to protect my people and those I am loyal to, not every stranger I come across. I'll try to help them, but it'd be survival of the fittest.

I don't see Daryl as a badass. I see him as lucky lol. He, Rick, and the Governor have been in more dire situations than any other character in the series xD Truthfully, they are some lucky bastards!

• @Mark$man said: True, but how does it matter? Would you throw your humanity away that far? What is the purpose for living if there is nothing worth living for? The children are the hope of the world, they would be the saviors of the apocalypse, that they may live a safer life than us who suffered from it. If you and five guys survive, what was the point? How can the human race carry on? What about a love partner? What about getting the world working again? While an adult can definitely benefit survival, a child can too. I believe the young can do just as the older can; it is simply that we build walls, and make lines saying what a child can and can't do. A child doesn't have to be a liability; it is only if you let them be or not.

Question of Morale vs Practicality i guess. A child, while not necessarily a liability as such, would not feasible be as competent and useful as as adult and would need caring for to some degree.

However i do agree with you talking about them being the "Hope of the world". I do feel that the innocence and optimism that a child provides could be that something to live for that people need and maybe even be saviours in the sense of people keeping there humanity and morals (See how people reacted to finding out Clem watched them kill Danny)

As for what i would prefer, i would need to clarify on what the question is asking. Is it talking about in game or a real life hypothetical. In game it could be retreading old ground a bit, but i'm sure we all want to see more of Clementine, i'd prefer it if she doesn't pick up an identical role with the new PC as she did with Lee (and i'm quite sure that won't happen). If we're talking about what i personally would prefer if it happened to me. The Adult, simply because i don't feel i would be capable of keeping the child safe, i would need an equal at very least. Though its always going to be something thrust on you rather than a choice. I could never leave the child if the Lee/Clem situation happened.

Add Comment