User Avatar Image

Anyone else disappointed in the coverage TellTale has given The Wolf Among Us?

posted by DrChem on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I certainly am, we haven't gotten any piece of information in awhile and since this is coming out in summer it makes me even more nervous that they figured out it sucked and are just quietly releasing it.

94 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @xyphic said: The problem is that TWD would completely overshadow TWAU. If Telltale want to give TWAU the best chance of success, it needs to be shown on its own without TWD there to steal its limelight. So it's understandable that there's no new information at E3, but still disappointing that our hopes of E3 being the big TWAU event have been dashed!

I get that at this point TWD is a bigger buzz creator for the E3 crowd. But since almost all media exposure is a good thing and with both games announced and supposedly ready for release relatively soon I can't really say that this makes perfect sense to me.

• Well this forum is a great example that there is absolutely no buzz on this game & E3 would have been a perfect opportunity to show it off... Wonder what's going on. It seems like an extremely long development cycle, especially for Telltale.

• I mean practically speaking, Telltale did the smart thing by announcing The Walking Dead DLC. That series did bring them new audience and is their best seller. E3 is the biggest video game trade show of the year. The amount of anticipation generated from presentation generally helps the sales of the games.

It would have been better if they could have announced both games. I mean you got the audience all hyped up, why not use it to introduce something new? We see that all the time with big name companies where they have short presentations about two games. I know you pay for the time but seriously, it would have been nice to see two games.

In fact, that would have spread the news about the Wolf Among Us to more people. I don't know the readership of Game Informer and I know the Fables community is spread out. Right now, I am seeing that Telltale missed a chance to get people all excited about Fables. If Telltale does provide more information at the Comic Con, that might help spreading the news but E3 would have been IDEAL to each out for the hardcore gamer.

Either way, Telltale seems more invested in their Walking Dead from a PR standpoint. That suggest they are putting all their eggs in one basket. It doesn't promote much belief of their investment in the Wolf Among Us which is somewhat disheartening to a Fables fan such as myself. Hopefully the final product and sales doesn't reflect my assessment.

Perhaps WB didn't want any announcements of the game to overshadow the new Fables movie announcement. They control the rights of Fables.

• @holisk said:
    Perhaps WB didn't want any announcements of the game to overshadow the new Fables movie announcement. They control the rights of Fables.

Is the Fables movie that far along in development? My understanding was that it's still in development hell.

• @mosfet said: Is the Fables movie that far along in development? My understanding was that it's still in development hell.

Nope just started supposedly.

• I wish Telltale would release a trailer for a Wolf Among Us. Not that many people are aware of it, but I suppose right now Telltale wants to focus on their prize goose which is TWD.

• Comic Con starts on July 18th. Maybe they give us more information then.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

It WOULD be an excellent time and place, that much is certain.

• I feel that with Comic-Con and the fact that 400 days is out, we should definitely hear SOMETHING about The Wolf Among Us. I mean it would be poor practice to overlook another product.

• I do hope so. Im just as excited for this title. I wish we had more info.

Add Comment