User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 18.6K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Hunger Games
    This wasn't even bearable with Rifftrax and felt almost as bad as Transformers 2. Congratulations on this one. And of course the Rifftrax commentary was not enough to save this swill of bad plotholes and boredom. Took 3 attempts to finally watch it because I just had to stop watching for several weeks after 29 and 60 minutes. Unbearable crap.
    1 point for Woody Harrelson and the hair of the one dude that reminds me of Alexander Veljanov.

• Man of Steel 10/10

Wow. Just... wow.

• @der_ketzer said: The Hunger Games
    This wasn't even bearable with Rifftrax and felt almost as bad as Transformers 2. Congratulations on this one. And of course the Rifftrax commentary was not enough to save this swill of bad plotholes and boredom. Took 3 attempts to finally watch it because I just had to stop watching for several weeks after 29 and 60 minutes. Unbearable crap.
    1 point for Woody Harrelson and the hair of the one dude that reminds me of Alexander Veljanov.

Really? I enjoyed it.

@der_ketzer said: Man of Steel 10/10

Wow. Just... wow.

Good to hear!

• I thought Hunger Games was pretty good as well. Then again, I really enjoyed the book, so there might have been some bias there. I think it's kind of a mood you have to be in. Something post-apocalyptic dystopian future-y. You have to be in a mood to hate the fat cats in government and imagine this as America should the corporations win. Because that's really what the movie is about. I mean, they never say it in the books, but it's pretty obvious that this is future America.

Or at least it was to me.

• Admittedly, I'm being a bit of a dick when I say this but... fuck 'The Hunger Games'. 'Battle Royale' for the win!

• Daredevil

Definitely decently watchable. Of course, it has the benefit of having a pretty interesting hero to begin with. I really, really enjoyed the beginning most of all, though. Watching mini!Murdock beating up bullies brought a smile to my face.

Also, this is possibly the only movie I know of with a fight on an organ.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Really? I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the first Twilight a lot more. Best comedy ever.
    This was Twilight: New Moon bad.

• @der_ketzer said: I enjoyed the first Twilight a lot more. Best comedy ever.
    This was Twilight: New Moon bad.

I haven't seen either, but Hunger Games suffered a fate worse than "bad". It was forgettable. It was long, boring, predictable and after a day, I didn't remember a single moment that stuck with me. After 1 DAY!

I suppose as a film, it was okay. Perhaps even good. As entertainment, it was just so bland and cookie cutter. I don't like it or hate it, but I'm not interested in the next one.

• @Noname215 said: Man of Steel 10/10

Wow. Just... wow.

You're the first person I've seen give it that score, or a high score.

• @Johro said: I haven't seen either, but Hunger Games suffered a fate worse than "bad". It was forgettable. It was long, boring, predictable and after a day, I didn't remember a single moment that stuck with me. After 1 DAY!

Well I will always remember that hair.
    But at least you will forget about the bullshit in it.

Add Comment