User Avatar Image

Do you love or hate Kenny ?

posted by Tomi021 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Ok theres been alot of controversy surounding Kenny some people Love him (like me) and some people hate him (like my brother) so ive created this poll so we have some oficial results his he hated or loved amongst fans ?

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mornai said: I agree that it would have been nice, but it's sort of realistic. There are actually people out there with a "you get on my bad side, you're staying there" mentality. I know this is true as i have had a neighbor who treats me like this. We were friends at one point but one small argument and we became enemies. 7 years later after i have long since left the neighborhood and they still hate my guts.

Maybe it's not common, but having Kenny never forgive you if you wrong him isn't completely unrealistic.

Of course there are people like that but I have a hard time believing they would refuse to help save a 9 year old girl because you didn't drop a salt lick on someones head. I think that's really why I wish he also had a neutral path. I mean just because you hate someone doesn't mean you should let some irrelevant young girl die.

• @Toitle_John said: Of course there are people like that but I have a hard time believing they would refuse to help save a 9 year old girl because you didn't drop a salt lick on someones head. I think that's really why I wish he also had a neutral path. I mean just because you hate someone doesn't mean you should let some irrelevant young girl die.

I see, but i think Kenny sees it as this: Not killing Larry is willingly putting Kenny's family in danger. If Lee wouldn't bother helping Kenny's family when their lives are at risk, why should he bother helping Lee's family(Clem)?

Maybe it is kind of weird, and i do agree that some sort of neutral path should have been there. Or at least some differing levels of relations:
    -Nemesis
    -Strongly Dislike
    -Dislike
    -Neutral
    -Strongly like
    -Best friend

Something like that.

• I wished there was an option for "I respect Kenny". Seeing his own family die must be pretty horrifying to him, devastating even more so. That he was trying to protect his family as much as he could, even if it meant to do horrible things such as killing Larry without knowing if Larry might come back as a walker or might be revived. I understood why he was so angry at Ben for his confession, even though it wasn't completely his own fault that caused Katja's and Duck's death. And saying I'd be neutral about this is like saying "...Meh." which is not the case here. I was just glad he continued fighting for the group after all that until he was lost to the herd.

• @Mornai said: I see, but i think Kenny sees it as this: Not killing Larry is willingly putting Kenny's family in danger. If Lee wouldn't bother helping Kenny's family when their lives are at risk, why should he bother helping Lee's family(Clem)?

Maybe it is kind of weird, and i do agree that some sort of neutral path was there. Or at least some differing levels of relations:
    -Nemesis
    -Strongly Dislike
    -Dislike
    -Neutral
    -Strongly like
    -Best friend

Something like that.

Yeah, or even just a sort of middle ground like, "Hey, I don't really like you but I tolerate and/or respect you" Instead it's just like "Hey remember when you didn't let that kid fall to his death? Yeah I'm pissed at you for your good moral."

• @Mark$man said: I agree, TWD should not be dark and twisted just to mess with the person. There are times to make everything bleak and times to allow some light to the tunnel(ALWAYS block the exit xD ). The show definitely just went too far on that scale to me. Felt like some of the events were unnecessary or easily avoidable, but no one said Rick was the ideal leader.

What "scale" do you mean?

• @zev_zev said: What "scale" do you mean?

There wasn't enough hope. Not enough good moments. Season 1 and 2 wasn't too bad, but season 3 was just "wow". Group members were getting picked off left and right, and not even in a great way. Lori's was avoidable, same as T-Dog's, Axel's, Oscar's, and Andrea's. Milton's too, really. Because of a bad leader, many people died that didn't have to die. Even now, the Governor is still loose when Rick and the others had MANY chances to kill him. They have a baby to take care of that I don't even know if Rick wants around, since ya know, it reminds him of his cheating wife and her death, his best friend and his death, their affair, and just mass chaos. Carl going a little crazy, etc.

I'm not complaining about it really; in ways, that is how it would probably happen. Hope is for fairytales. However, I'd like to have some tender, non-harsh moments where I didn't feel like everything was simply fucked. That, and I guess I just prefer the comics, so I bash on the series more than I should.

• I'd like him better if he didn't act like a baby just because you didn't agree with him. Just because I helped Lilly, he turned his back on me. I acted civil, never starting a fight or yelling at him, hoping we could make up. Even after looking out for his family, Kenny says I only look out for myself in Ep. 5.

I liked Kenny at first, but I'm not going to change my personal beliefs just to have this "bro" talk. If you look closely in Ep. 2 after you do some compressions, you'll see Larry taking a breath.

• I'm neutral about Kenny. I had sided with him most of the time in my play-through, and I really liked him until episode 4. (Sticking with his boat plan, not caring about the group as a whole, wanting to drop Ben) I know he lost his family, and something like that could put you in a bad place, but that's no reason to act so inconsiderate to others.

• @Randomosity said: I'd like him better if he didn't act like a baby just because you didn't agree with him. Just because I helped Lilly, he turned his back on me. I acted civil, never starting a fight or yelling at him, hoping we could make up. Even after looking out for his family, Kenny says I only look out for myself in Ep. 5.

I liked Kenny at first, but I'm not going to change my personal beliefs just to have this "bro" talk. If you look closely in Ep. 2 after you do some compressions, you'll see Larry taking a breath.

I know. :(

Add Comment