User Avatar Image

In celebration of the DLC announcement, any ideas for future DLC's?

posted by marioluigi344 on - last edited - Viewed by 715 users

I, for one, would LOVE to have a DLC where we get to play through a short amount of all the character's backstory before and right during the start of the apocalypse. We could see how Kenny, Duck and Katjaa lived before the apocalypse, and then play through the scene at the gas station where they discovered the apocalypse had begun. Also for doug/carley, lily/larry, clementine/her parents, ect. Obviously we already know how Lee found out about the apocalypse, but i'd love to see his life before it, teaching at a university, and maybe play through the fight with his wife's partner.

What ideas do YOU have for future DLC?

P.S. the reason this is in the "Spoilers" thread is because people will most likely write spoilers.

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Btw I am never ever posting anything ever again because I now have 69 posts.

• Damn it, that counts as a post.

• I would love a DLC on the backstory for those in Macon. I mean, something kind of how the Last of Us presented their opening; where things look like they'll be okay, and then everything just CRASHES. The Walking Dead focuses too much in the middle, and not in the beginning. There seems to be no plot as to how this came to be, how it spread so quickly, and the details on the virus. That and the fact if you study biology, there is almost 100% chance at least a few people would be immune to it.

• I'd like a DLC that gives us a HAPPY ENDING, where our favorite characters actually SURVIVE.

Failing that pipe dream, some backstory on the people in the Macon group WOULD be nice. I never got as connected to Christa, Omid, or Chuck the same way I was to Kenny, Lilly, and the rest from Macon. Then again, if we saw them all happy, without a care in the world and enjoying life, that might just be more of a twist of the knife since we know what will happen to them.

• @ Marksman
    Robert Kirkman stated that he'd never reveal how the virus started or the outbreak, we can have something as simple as a few walkers infecting people slowly, but thats as far as we can go, otherwise we'd be ruining krikman's canon and most importantly, the game's canonicity in the series.

• @stevean2 said: @ Marksman
    Robert Kirkman stated that he'd never reveal how the virus started or the outbreak, we can have something as simple as a few walkers infecting people slowly, but thats as far as we can go, otherwise we'd be ruining krikman's canon and most importantly, the game's canonicity in the series.

I read in one of his letter hacks that he said if the comics sales ever start to die down or it's clear the comic isn't popular anymore, he might reveal the cause of the apocalypse to regain interest or something like that.

Regardless, it's still extremely unlikely the game can(or would) show anything like that. Personally i agree with the first post, it would be interesting to see how everyone got to where they were when we found them in the game. How the group ended up in the drugstore together before Lee arrived, for example. Though it doesn't sound like much, it could be interesting.

• ^ Don't get me wrong, I love that Idea, infact I was rooting for an idea like that from the start and hope telltale does it. Interesting playing as Carley at the festival, it'd be funnier if Telltale added funny eastereggs in like speaking to Carley at the drugstore and she goes "the weirdest thing is I felt the need to spin on the spot for an hour straight, I didn't even get dizzy."

• my ideas: they probably won't have commercial value to them :D but i would love to play as Clem interacting with her family in their home (like Heavy Rain at the start) ,it would be nice to see them before they got into this ,but i can't see it happening as it's called the Walking Dead not 'Tea time and cakes in Clementines tree-house' or 'a day in the life of basement doug' xD,just more add ons to future games really,more Clementine,more Lee,more Macon.

• An option to replace all zombies with Samulacra?

• The story of maybelle :D (the cow at the st johns dairy)

Add Comment