User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.5K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Tomi021 said: Tales of monkey island , Sam and Max The devils play house and im going to start playing mass effect 1 soon but so far im liking both Sam and max and Tales of monkey island :D

Welcome, welcome! :D

• Puzzle Agent and I have enjoyed it so far...
    Other than those stupid log puzzles...

• Now that I have a 3DS and all those full price games I'm playing....
    ... Wario Land 2 on the virtual console.

• @Tomi021 said: Tales of monkey island , Sam and Max The devils play house and im going to start playing mass effect 1 soon but so far im liking both Sam and max and Tales of monkey island :D

I think the best Tales episode is Episode 4. (though the rest are also very good.)

• @Tomi021 said: Lol when did you stop playing

The beginning of Episode 3. It had taken two whole episodes and I hadn't been challenged once. The puzzles were so straight-forward and the solutions were so obvious that I just couldn't do it anymore - I couldn't continue playing a game which didn't give me anything to overcome, in terms of gameplay. My progression through the game came with no sense of achievement, and provided no gratification as a result.

Besides, I didn't actually like the writing, and the story didn't feel engaging either. Overall, I considered it a flop, and I'd seen enough by the time Episode 3 had come out.

Someday I might return to it and force myself to finish it, but I'll need to work up the motivation.

• @Hayden said: The beginning of Episode 3. It had taken two whole episodes and I hadn't been challenged once. The puzzles were so straight-forward and the solutions were so obvious that I just couldn't do it anymore - I couldn't continue playing a game which didn't give me anything to overcome, in terms of gameplay. My progression through the game came with no sense of achievement, and provided no gratification as a result.

Besides, I didn't actually like the writing, and the story didn't feel engaging either. Overall, I considered it a flop, and I'd seen enough by the time Episode 3 had come out.

Someday I might return to it and force myself to finish it, but I'll need to work up the motivation.

Yeah the puzzles were EASY :p ... Is it bad i found the puzzles really chalenging maybe because im a noob at puzzle games :p

• @Tomi021 said: Yeah the puzzles were EASY :p ... Is it bad i found the puzzles really chalenging maybe because im a noob at puzzle games :p

I never play puzzle games alone so even if I am sometimes 'a little slow' when it comes to puzzle games...

I sometimes get stuck on easy puzzles (Episode 5 door puzzle) whilst I have breezed through older games such as Monkey Island 1-3 and Day of the Tentacle...

• Lure of the Temptress

GAH! I have never played an adventure game with such frustrating controls!
    (Not to mention glitches galore! :X (The game glitched out in the first damn puzzle for fuck's sake! >:/))

And the music is just horrible! Just a few repeating notes. Over and over!

Hopefully I don't go burning this game down to the ground and actually beat it.
    (At least I know Normality and Sanitarium are good adventure games, having played them before for a bit)

• Gave up on that frustrating piece of crap and decided to move on to Normality.

Got further than last time. And its pretty unusual and interesting where adventure games are concerned.
    (The voice acting IS a bit dodgy at times, but at least its unique.)

I like adventure games that don't take themselves too seriously and act a little goofy. It just feels more comfortable to play.

• Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Just wanted to test it and I'm already completely hooked.

Add Comment