User Avatar Image

Ash's voice actor?

posted by FlotsamX on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Who voices Ash in the Poker Night 2 trailer? Lots of people are saying it's not Bruce Campbell, but I can sorta hear him. It's been 22 years since Army of Darkness came out, after all; his voice was liable to change.

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As in...Birdemic Danny Webber?

Well, at least they got some B-movie actor to voice Ash.

• Tried the demo. I didn't know Ash was going to be in the game until I started playing it. I thought that was pretty cool... Until I realized it wasn't Bruce Campbell. I promptly exited the game and deleted it.

In the opening credits for Army of Darkness it states "Bruce Campbell vs. The Army of Darkness". Because Bruce Campbell is Ash! Ash is Bruce Campbell! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn!

• The voice actor they got playing the character of Ash is very close. I wasn't quite sure if it was Campbell or not until I sat through the credits and didn't see his name.

I understand people being upset over that, but to not play the game because of it seems very silly. It reminds me of the ones who are not going to play Metal Gear Solid 5 because David isn't doing the voice of Snake again. That is just one part of the game. Why deny an entire game over one thing that isn't game breaking?

• I suppose it is silly. Not having Bruce would just drive me more and more crazy whilst playing, though. It's just a poker game and a demo at that. Plenty of other poker games out there, so no skin off my back. If it were full on unique game I might've kept playing.

BTW, can anybody confirm if this game has physical tells? I might be able to overlook the sacrilege if it has tells.

• I know the characters look nervous every now and then. They'll scratch their necks and look away from the table. I guess those are supposed to be tells. Not sure how spot on they are.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@PatrickBatman said: BTW, can anybody confirm if this game has physical tells? I might be able to overlook the sacrilege if it has tells.

Each character has tells, which are more obvious if you buy them drinks.

• It's a really good imitator!

• @FlotsamX said: Who voices Ash in the Poker Night 2 trailer? Lots of people are saying it's not Bruce Campbell, but I can sorta hear him. It's been 22 years since Army of Darkness came out, after all; his voice was liable to change.

It's not Mr. Campbell, this voice actor has different inflections when speaking, and yes I have an ear for this sort of thing.

• @Harrier77 said: It's not Mr. Campbell, this voice actor has different inflections when speaking, and yes I have an ear for this sort of thing.

It's pretty close, though. Not holy-crap-this-kid-sounds-just-like-1985-Michael-J-Fox close but pretty close. I stopped noticing it after a couple minutes.

The casting change doesn't bother me as much as Solid Snake and Sam Fisher do.

Add Comment