User Avatar Image

Telltale to Release Multiple Seasons Concurrently

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: Nobody said that.

Yet. (*eyes mods*)

However, what I don't understand is why you're still complaining about Telltale not doing classic adventure games anymore. It's not that you shouldn't complain, and not that your complaints aren't legitimate... it's just that nothing new has happened recently (that hasn't already been bitched thoroughly about long before now) to spark a fresh new wave of disdain.

That's not what I said. That's not at all where my disdain for the company comes from.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Chyron8472 said: Nobody said that.

Yet. (*eyes mods*)

You guessed it, they probably never will. They might, however, repeatedly spell out the difference between constructive criticism and desperate insults in light of the situation. You're very much entitled to not liking Telltale's present games. And you can voice it here all right. But tying those last games to a new company direction of stupidity, greed, sellout, lack of skill, treachery and betrayal of their 'old fans'... that's pretentious opportunism. That's the reddit/kotaku "scream insults louder until people think they're fact" approach. Precisely not the direction I'd like to see this forum go.

• You say that. But I sure as hell am not going to back down, especially on the idea that the company's current tactics are WRONG.

Oh, and by the way, Telltale isn't interested in constructive criticism. They run away from criticism.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Fawful, I'm sorry you're not a fan of the company any more. I still wish you all the best with Ravenwood.

• Hey. I still consider you and Shaun friends. My anger at the company's decisions doesn't end with me considering anyone bad people or having a personal hatred for anyone, although I'd like to punch a few people.

Besides, when my game gets finished, I'll be well on my way to getting fans and then losing them again later.

@Vainamoinen said: That's the reddit/kotaku "scream insults louder until people think they're fact" approach. Precisely not the direction I'd like to see this forum go.

OHHOHOHOHOHO. OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.

• Attention seeking troll is attention seeking troll.

I'm messing with you. Seriously though, in the scheme of things ot be angry about in life, a video game company is not one of them.

• DAISHI, no sarcasm, you are right. Even though I will be angry about something again by next week, it probably won't continue to be the vidja games.

• I'd say it's perfectly alright to get angry about things, as long as it's constructive anger. Sometimes it takes getting furious about something to work to make the changes needed.

• While Fawful's overreacting a bit, I can understand where he's coming from. I admit Telltale's current direction is starting to get a little scary.

In a very short span of time, The Walking Dead has gone from being one of many Telltale games, to their biggest game, to (as far as most people are concerned) their only game. Season 2 was announced before the first game was even finished, and now we have DLC in between.

And what about Telltale's other games? King's Quest got cancelled, which I'm still pretty upset about. It's not the cancellation itself, either. That sucks, but things like that happen, especially since it might have been beyond Telltale's control. What really gets me is how, what's the word...unceremoniously it was all handled. Telltale stayed completely silent about KQ for over two years, then (presumably well after they decided to scrap it) quietly announced its cancellation through a third-party site. Most people didn't even notice. There are more people bitching about Walking Dead 2 not coming out immediately than the fact that King's Quest isn't coming out at all.

The Wolf Among Us is being treated better, but not by much. It's had its release pushed from early 2012 to late 2012 to early 2013 to summer 2013. And since 400 Days took all the attention at E3 and is slated for a July release, I'm guessing Fables will be pushed back again. Not that Telltale's in a hurry to release it, since any attempt to talk about it (or any other non-WD game) gets met with a barrage of "I DON'T CARE WHERE'S WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 I HOPE IT COMES OUT TOMORROW AND THAT THERE'S A NEW EPISODE EVERY WEEK." And of course, its gameplay is almost exactly the same as The Walking Dead's.

I know my opinion doesn't mean much in the face of thousands of others that think differently, but I don't think I'll be buying 400 Days or Season 2. Not because I think they'll be bad (I'm sure they'll be fine), but because The Walking Dead has caused so much damage to both Telltale's design philosophy and community that it's left me jaded with the franchise as a whole.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: King's Quest got cancelled, which I'm still pretty upset about. It's not the cancellation itself, either. That sucks, but things like that happen, especially since it might have been beyond Telltale's control. What really gets me is how, what's the word...unceremoniously it was all handled. Telltale stayed completely silent about KQ for over two years, then (presumably well after they decided to scrap it) quietly announced its cancellation through a third-party site. Most people didn't even notice. There are more people bitching about Walking Dead 2 not coming out immediately than the fact that King's Quest isn't coming out at all.

This is what got me to where I am. Not "Telltale not making adventure games". Vainamoinen can screw off with putting his words in my mouth.

The minute they did this I gave up. This is what did it. This is why I'm angry.

They had all the time in the world to come clean and tell the truth. But if you asked they'd say "we can't talk about it". If you can't even be honest now, my support is gone.

AND WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T I BE FUCKING OVERREACTING WHEN I'M GETTING DUMPED ON AND EVERYONE'S PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!?

Add Comment