User Avatar Image

Telltale to Release Multiple Seasons Concurrently

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users
72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My biggest problem with them is the lack of communication: most of the time, we got news by other websites first. And we don't often have official answers on the forums.

What about the current plans ? What about merchandising ? What about physical releases ?

• @Vainamoinen said: But I repeat, it is not, absolutely not, a valid source of anger or the feeling of having been betrayed.

Perhaps not for you. But everyone's different and the more passion a person has for something, the stronger the emotions are in relation to that thing. I don't think that there's any definable threshold of valid anger.

• I wana buy fables it sounds intresting and I like the cinematic story game genre. The fact it looks like playing a comic book makes it doubly cool.

• I would actually kill for a new comedic series, something like Sam and Max or ToMI. Anything to make me love telltale's adventure games again.

• WHEN I USE CAPS people take me SERIOUSLY.

Also, I'm not angry with Telltale. I like TWD. So I don't have that anger source. As far as adventure games, anybody playing Daedalic stuff?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@DAISHI said: As far as adventure games, anybody playing Daedalic stuff?

I got the Daedalic bundle as part of GOG's end of the world sale last year. I haven't played any of them yet though. Any suggestions on which one I should start with?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Alcoremortis said: the more passion a person has for something, the stronger the emotions are in relation to that thing.

Nope, I won't let you doubt my strongest passion for Telltale's 2007-2010 games. :o

@Alcoremortis said: As far as adventure games, anybody playing Daedalic stuff?

You bet I do - any particular game you'd like to discuss? ;)

@Alcoremortis said: I got the Daedalic bundle as part of GOG's end of the world sale last year. I haven't played any of them yet though. Any suggestions on which one I should start with?

Try A New Beginning. It's not my favorite, but it is the most innovative 'franchise' from those incurable LucasArts fanatics, and it's still pretty damn good. No idea how the English voices are though. ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: No idea how the English voices are though. ;)

By far, A New Beginning had the worst voice acting of all the Daedelic games I've played. My favorite were the Edna & Harvey games, particularly the second one. Deponia's voice acting was pretty good too, apart from the songs.

• Having only gotten round to playing the first Deponia, I can confirm the voices aren't bad at all.

And trust me, I've heard some bad German>English voicework (*cough*Simon4*cough*)

• I'm not talking about the Telltale then, Vain, I'm talking the Telltale NOW. Nothing is going to change the good they've done, and they're still doing good. But lying and sidestepping issues isn't something I'm going to condone.

Oh, wait, you might not take me seriously...

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE TELLTALE THEN, VAIN, I'M TALKING THE TELLTALE NOW. NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE THE GOOD THEY'VE DO- oh screw this. There's a big problem with the idea that I'm using caps so people will take me seriously. One: typing in caps is a pain in the ass. Two: When I do it, it's me conveying how I really feel. I can't even believe I have to defend this.

Add Comment