User Avatar Image

Mankind or Clementine?

posted by zev_zev on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Please read before vote.
Just a my fiction, but if in the final season (Ending of Clementine story) we got a vaccine ( I know that Robert Kirkman says that naver happen in TWD world).
So you got a vaccine in our equipment, this vaccine can help newborn children to be be uninfected forever (only newborns). Vaccine works this way: If pregnant woman will injecting vaccine to her stomach at the second month of pregnancy, then her child will be uninfected forever, if he dies he will not turn, but bite is still deadly.
You flying away from military base who was attacked a horde of walkers, you planning to flying by big cargo plane with Clementine, and with pregnant girl-pilot ( for example Lilly who has got romance with main character, and gets pregnancy from him few days ago; Now is the first month of pregnancy ). Plane are ready to take off , but the cargo compartment is full of walkers. Clem, you, and pilot are in cockpit, you have closed the door to cockpit, and walkers can't get you in here. The engines included, you sit on second pilot place, and pull back on the steering wheel. The plane begins to take off. A pregnant girl-pilot opened the cargo compartment, and a lot of walkers are falling out of the plane. Suddenly door to cockpit has busted, and some walkers were going inside. Clementine pulled out a gun (Colt M1911) and says:
-"Don't worry I'll take care of this"
- You: "What? Hell no. That's dangerous, you can't do that! Sit here!"
- Clementine: "Of course I can, I'm ten years old, remember?" *smiles*
*bang* *bang*
The plane quickly begins to gain in height, and is tilted upward at a sharp angle. The last walker to enter the cockpit grabs Clementine by the leg. In a frantic moment, she grabs the handle to the cockpit door in a desperate attempt to stay alive, but not before forever losing her precious baseball cap to the current.
-Clementine: Aaaaaah... Aaaaah. HELP! PLEASE!
- You: "HOLD ON CLEM!"
You shoot the walker from your rifle, and caught her by her hand, you hold her in two hands.
*sad music starts* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iOiBH4xIbg
-Clementine *nearly crying*: "PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LET ME GO!"
-You: "I hold you! Do you hear me?! I hold you! It's ok hun, it's ok, just hold on!"

Ampoule with vaccine are falling out of your pocket. *Time slows down* ( as like drugstore when you must choose Carley or Doug).

If you attempt to catch the ampoule with one hand, you are unable to hold onto Clementine, because you had got a bullet wound on your left shoulder one week ago. And so your precious symbol of innocence is lost forever.

If you continue to hold Clementine, the ampoule containing the vaccine falls out of the plane, effectively dooming the human race to a continuous cycle of infection.

You've got six seconds to make a choose *in slow motion* before the ampule wjth vaccine will falling out of you pocket.

If you will do nothing in this six seconds, Clem will noticing that ampule are falling out. Then she will looking to the vaccine, and saying "Goodbye", she will relaxing her hand, and falling down. You will catching ampule, then you will trying to grab Clem's hand, but it will too late.

What would you choose?

397 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mark$man said: If that was the case, you wouldn't get damaged by it. So yeah, I'd say it was a plothole or Ellie somehow transferred immunity to him. Or maybe he's immune too? Hmm... There needs to be a Last of Us 2 now lol

    The websites Thelastofus2/3.com are reserved already, according to rumors by Naughty Dog themselves, to prevent trolls from doing so, if there were to be new games in that series. And uh... considering the possibility of new games is a good first sign in my book. Of course rumors aren't reliable, but at least it makes sense. I'd buy a PS4 only for those 2 games.

  • This is a tough choice choosing the future of mankind or a little girl I have grown so close to. I have to think about this, on one hand we let the vaccine fall and pull Clem up. Positives: Clem is safe. Negative: The only hope to save mankind is lost, we could get infected, Clem could get infected, unable to make another vaccine. We grab the vaccine therefore letting Clem fall to her death. Positives: We have the vaccine, we can cure the infection, save mankind. Negatives: We let a little girl die, the vaccine might fail to cure the infection meaning Clem died for nothing. Conclusion I have decided that I would save the vaccine, even though I love Clem the negatives of saving her outweigh the positives, she could end up dying later on. The vaccine is a way to end the infection and save lives, would you let others suffer because you saved a little girl. Please don't hate me it's a tough choice but its something I have to do for the benefit of mankind, I'm sorry. I vote vaccine.

  • As for the discussion, I'd say saving Clem would be more important. For Lee, that little girl had been with him for over a year, and he protected her through thick and thin. They are now a team, friends, and even family. She is the daughter he never got to have. So if he had to risk mankind for Clem, I'm almost positive he'd do it. And I know I would too for someone I really loved. Maybe it is selfish, but I would be fighting to keep those I care about alive, and if I failed that, no vaccine would make up for that. Either way, how could you call yourself human? Either you neglect your emotions and drop the person most precious to you, or you basically destroy many lives in the moments of seconds. However, I'd rather be the heartless bastard that could say I kept her safe than be the hero that will be forgotten, and will live a sad, alone life filled with regrets.

    Lee did all this for her, didn't he? He got himself KILLED for her! He didn't even hesitate. He got bitten, but went right for Clementine. As far as I am concerned, no cure would allow him to drop her. This is the same man who killed a senator for sleeping with his wife, the same man who wiped tens to hundreds of walkers for endangering Clementine, searched an infested city for a man that stole her, and refuses to simply let her go even while bitten. That guy that dies thinking of her and her safety, not his own. That is my stance.

  • I'd kill thousands of people if it spared millions, it's a matter of logistics. I sincerely hope the people who vote for Clementine are never put in such a situation.

  • Wait what if the cures a lie, what if Clem is the key to end the infection, what if she's immune and we have to extract the immunity from her blood stream. Clem is the cure!

  • @Mark$man said: As for the discussion, I'd say saving Clem would be more important. For Lee, that little girl had been with him for over a year, and he protected her through thick and thin. They are now a team, friends, and even family. She is the daughter he never got to have. So if he had to risk mankind for Clem, I'm almost positive he'd do it. And I know I would too for someone I really loved. Maybe it is selfish, but I would be fighting to keep those I care about alive, and if I failed that, no vaccine would make up for that. Either way, how could you call yourself human? Either you neglect your emotions and drop the person most precious to you, or you basically destroy many lives in the moments of seconds. However, I'd rather be the heartless bastard that could say I kept her safe than be the hero that will be forgotten, and will live a sad, alone life filled with regrets.

    Lee did all this for her, didn't he? He got himself KILLED for her! He didn't even hesitate. He got bitten, but went right for Clementine. As far as I am concerned, no cure would allow him to drop her. This is the same man who killed a senator for sleeping with his wife, the same man who wiped tens to hundreds of walkers for endangering Clementine, searched an infested city for a man that stole her, and refuses to simply let her go even while bitten. That guy that dies thinking of her and her safety, not his own. That is my stance.

    Lee? Actually, I didn't mean him, Lee's dead a year ago.
    It's another guy. Read carefully.

    @Mark$man said: Wait what if the cures a lie, what if Clem is the key to end the infection, what if she's immune and we have to extract the immunity from her blood stream. Clem is the cure!

    If you mean that she's "mental vaccine" you right. If you mean real vaccine, then no, it's another story named Lost of us.

    @Mark$man said: I'd kill thousands of people if it spared millions, it's a matter of logistics. I sincerely hope the people who vote for Clementine are never put in such a situation.

    Exactly! Only a strong person is capable of such a sacrifice.

  • @TeamKennyAlways said: This is a tough choice choosing the future of mankind or a little girl I have grown so close to. I have to think about this, on one hand we let the vaccine fall and pull Clem up. Positives: Clem is safe. Negative: The only hope to save mankind is lost, we could get infected, Clem could get infected, unable to make another vaccine. We grab the vaccine therefore letting Clem fall to her death. Positives: We have the vaccine, we can cure the infection, save mankind. Negatives: We let a little girl die, the vaccine might fail to cure the infection meaning Clem died for nothing. Conclusion I have decided that I would save the vaccine, even though I love Clem the negatives of saving her outweigh the positives, she could end up dying later on. The vaccine is a way to end the infection and save lives, would you let others suffer because you saved a little girl. Please don't hate me it's a tough choice but its something I have to do for the benefit of mankind, I'm sorry. I vote vaccine.

    Depressurization

    Did you save Clementine against vaccine?
    [RIGHT]You and 46% players catched a vaccine

    ..................................___________________[/RIGHT]

  • I was talking more as someone who becomes attached to another person zev. To be honest, do that many of us care so much for the outside world? By that, I mean would you put another country before your own? Would you put strangers over your family? The odds are you'd save your own flesh and blood over a guy you don't know. You'd feel bad about it, but hell that person means something to you.

    Just like this; do we care about another planet? If it came down to saving either the Earth or the Sun, what would you do? Save the Earth yet everything dies without a Sun, or save the Sun and doom the Earth? It's one of those questions that truly can only be answered when the moment passes, as you were to hold that person you care about's hand. Kill the one person closest to you to potentially save the world, or save the one you love and cause everyone else to suffer. In my previous metaphor, that would make Clem the sun that gives the Earth meaning, while the Earth is all the life that matters(those who could die without the vaccine including you.)

    I'd still choose Clem. You can't replace a person you lose, just as you cannot replace a hole in the heart or a memory in your brain. It's worth too much to lose. It is simply my position; I'd hope I was never in it, but I just wouldn't be able to drop her or anyone else like that. Maybe afterwards I would regret my decision had it been a stranger I had saved, but the life I held in my hands, right then and there, is more important than a vaccine that hasn't done anything for mankind yet.

Add Comment