User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 10.4K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: It's Connely. JENNIFER CONNELY, DURN YOU. *push*

*Alcoremortis falls over, hits her head on her collection of skulls, and dies*

Well, that was anti-climatic.

Goddammit. I knew I was going to make that mistake and was so focused on not making it that I totally made it anyways.

• The first 2 hours of "The Last Of Us"
    Not feeling the hype so far. Heavily skripted, limited levels, and you are constantly on a chain like a dog. It also has a huge The Walking Dead by TellTale vibe. Seen it; been there; no interest.
    Also the prologue was so unexcitig. They expect me to care within 15 minutes. Not going to happen. Especially since I haven't seen the girl anyewhere in the trailers etc. This has to go very well for her!
    Then about 1 hour in you finally meet the girl from the trailers and it could get interesting. It doesn't, yet. Instead the plot turns from "The Walking Dead" to "I Am Legend".
    "The Walking Dead" made you care by spending hours with your group. So far "The Last Of Us" didn't achieve that.

• @der_ketzer said: The first 2 hours of "The Last Of Us"
    Not feeling the hype so far. Heavily skripted, limited levels, and you are constantly on a chain like a dog. It also has a huge The Walking Dead by TellTale vibe. Seen it; been there; no interest.
    Also the prologue was so unexcitig. They expect me to care within 15 minutes. Not going to happen. Especially since I haven't seen the girl anyewhere in the trailers etc. This has to go very well for her!
    Then about 1 hour in you finally meet the girl from the trailers and it could get interesting. It doesn't, yet. Instead the plot turns from "The Walking Dead" to "I Am Legend".
    "The Walking Dead" made you care by spending hours with your group. So far "The Last Of Us" didn't achieve that.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jp

• @Alcoremortis said: what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jp

Why? I am watching it on Youtube. And as scripted as it is I see no reason to buy a PS3 + a TV + the game just to play this myself.

• That's what I was getting at. It's not a game anymore, it's a film.

• World War Z 8/10

Not the average zombie flick. More of like an action film with elements of horror. Still, it was pretty damn good.

• ... So basically an action film with elements of zombies? I mean, I never found zombies to be all that scary.

• The Call

I wasn't expecting much. It's a movie about a 911 operator and a serial killer. Oddly enough, it's one of the best movies I've seen this year. It just works.
    10/10

Man of Steel

I was mostly with it the first hour, then it turned into Transformers. Superman should be better. More saving people, less... this.
    6/10

This article I just read sums my feelings and thoughts on the movie pretty well.

• @Spadge said: The Call

I wasn't expecting much. It's a movie about a 911 operator and a serial killer. Oddly enough, it's one of the best movies I've seen this year. It just works.
    10/10

Man of Steel

I was mostly with it the first hour, then it turned into Transformers. Superman should be better. More saving people, less... this.
    6/10

This article I just read sums my feelings and thoughts on the movie pretty well.

Well, let's be serious here. By the time Superman got to Metropolis, I would imagine most of the buildings, or at least the upper floors where the majority of the Superman/Zod fight took place, were evacuated. In fact, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Superman was focusing the fight on him and Zod. The more Zod focused on Superman, the less he would attack civilians. However. I do agree he should have saved a few more civvies. We have the two extremes now when it comes to a battle between two superbeings. We have Superman vs Nuclear Man in Superman IV where Superman was so focused on the civilians that he stood in place and kept screaming "No! Not the people!" And we have Superman vs Zod in Man of Steel where it seems like Superman completely ignores potential casualties. And then, right in the middle where Man of Steel should have been, we have Superman vs Zod, Ursa, and Non from Superman II where Superman split his attentions.

Funny enough...I can think of ways to improve both Man of Steel and Star Trek Into Darkness, but not Iron Man 3...but Iron Man 3 was my least favorite of the three summer movies.

• Yeah, I walked out of Man of Steel and the first thing I thought was, "Man, Superman killed more buildings at the end of Man of Steel than Hulk did in all three of his movie appearances put together."

Add Comment