User Avatar Image

Would you kill Vernon?

posted by HarjKS on - last edited - Viewed by 553 users

If in Season 2 you had the choice whether or not to murder Vernon would you do it?

I would as he decided not to tell the group about the horde (indirectly causing Ben, Kenny, Lee's and possibly Christa, Omids and Mollys deaths). He stole the boat, and he was just a d*** in general even considering to kill Lee when they had just met.

But would you kill him or let him live?

87 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No, that IS the point. Stealing from the car, in that situation at the end of Episode 2, was either smart or morally ambiguous. Vernon stealing the boat was downright thievery. I told him the truth, helped get him the medicine he needed for his group as well as our own, and since it was LEE with the shotgun in that bell tower, and not Vernon, we've all saved his life, too. I even tried to console him over Brie's death. Then he stole the boat from us. He could have at least said something about the thousands of zombies we were about to face, but he didn't even give us so much as a "good luck" before he decided to screw us over. I'm not going to hunt him down or anything, but I'll be watching him very carefully if I ever see him again. The same goes for the others in his group.

  • @Rock114 said: No, that IS the point. Stealing from the car, in that situation at the end of Episode 2, was either smart or morally ambiguous. Vernon stealing the boat was downright thievery. I told him the truth, helped get him the medicine he needed for his group as well as our own, and since it was LEE with the shotgun in that bell tower, and not Vernon, we've all saved his life, too. I even tried to console him over Brie's death. Then he stole the boat from us. He could have at least said something about the thousands of zombies we were about to face, but he didn't even give us so much as a "good luck" before he decided to screw us over. I'm not going to hunt him down or anything, but I'll be watching him very carefully if I ever see him again. The same goes for the others in his group.



    But think of it from different perspectives. From the Strangers perspective we STOLE his food, from our perspective we had the OPTION to steal that food. From our perspective, Vernon STOLE that boat. From his perspective he had the OPTION to steal that boat.

    To be honest this doesn't change anything besides the fact I want to be careful and try not to be too dark during 400 Days and Season 2.

    P.S Everyone if you have TWD (I guess you do) Go on it and update so you can get ready to get 400 Days. :D

  • @HarjKS said: But think of it from different perspectives. From the Strangers perspective we STOLE his food, from our perspective we had the OPTION to steal that food. From our perspective, Vernon STOLE that boat. From his perspective he had the OPTION to steal that boat.

    To be honest this doesn't change anything besides the fact I want to be careful and try not to be too dark during 400 Days and Season 2.

    P.S Everyone if you have TWD (I guess you do) Go on it and update so you can get ready to get 400 Days. :D



    Yes, but the difference is Vernon had the knowledge that what he was taking was actively being used by someone else, our group did not have that benefit. We thought the car was abandoned, but Vernon knew the boat was being used. That's what makes it so bad.

    I guess i wouldn't hunt him down, but if he's banging at my gates with walkers behind him, I'll just stare solemnly as he is devoured.

  • @Mornai said: Yes, but the difference is Vernon had the knowledge that what he was taking was actively being used by someone else, our group did not have that benefit. We thought the car was abandoned, but Vernon knew the boat was being used. That's what makes it so bad.

    I guess i wouldn't hunt him down, but if he's banging at my gates with walkers behind him, I'll just stare solemnly as he is devoured.



    I can imagine that, is it odd I smiled evilly as I did? Probably. God this game is making me dark, I love it.

    These writers need to write a Walking Dead novel of some sort.

  • No; Vernon was only doing whatever it took for him and his people to survive. He's not much different than my Lee was.

  • @Cthulhu42 said: No; Vernon was only doing whatever it took for him and his people to survive. He's not much different than my Lee was.




    depends what sort of Lee you have,but comparing Lee and Vernon ,Lee isn't all out for himself,before anyone including himself its that Clem is safe,he has remorse,he might be a convict but he has a good heart,will do the best for the group,isn't 2 faced :D Vernon on the other hand tries to come across like some modern day saint,or because hes a doctor people treat him with respect first without really knowing his character,he is devious,deceitful,cunning,smart,and both strong and weak ,Kenny had this guy down from first impressions :D

  • Vernon gave me a lecture on honesty and blamed me for Brie's death, and it turns out they only went with me 'cos they were planning on stealing the boat. Yeah, I think I'd probably off him if I had the chance.

  • I thought I would at the time, now I don't think I would. He wasn't a bad person, just desperate and greedy. Say Vernon found the boat I can completely see Kenny wanting to steal it first. Omid might be against it but Christa seems like she'd hate herself for doing it but would agree, she did say if the roles were reversed she's not sure they'd do any different.

  • @Yertos said: I thought I would at the time, now I don't think I would. He wasn't a bad person, just desperate and greedy. Say Vernon found the boat I can completely see Kenny wanting to steal it first. Omid might be against it but Christa seems like she'd hate herself for doing it but would agree, she did say if the roles were reversed she's not sure they'd do any different.



    True enough. I really don't get why some people want to outright MURDER the guy. He was just looking out for his own group and to be honest, Lee's group kinda had it coming.

    Thanks to them leading all the walkers to Savannah, Vernon loses his one safe haven, and the life of a close group member. Seriously, what was he supposed to do? Give a happy wave to Lee and co. from the docks as the horde floods the city?

    Also, something that I recently found out that really made me respect Vernon; if you decide to be a complete dick to his group, threaten them, lie to them etc. and you can't give Vernon a reason to help you, he'll say something like "Unless...you wouldn't happen to have any sick folk in your group?" Lee tells him about Omid and Vernon agrees to help Lee get back to the mansion just so he can help an injured man.

    Remember, this is AFTER Lee threatens to kill them and lies about having meds or whatever. Not to mention, Vernon has no way of knowing if Lee is just lying about having an injured group member , but he still agrees to help a psycho, murderous stranger on the off chance that there's an injured man somewhere that he could help. Another stranger, I should add.

    Vernon was definitely desperate. Not all that greedy though.

  • I don't know, I would say yes now, but when I come to the choice I don't think so.

Add Comment