User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 8.2K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hudomonkey said: Definitely worth getting during the 1/2 price sale

Here I have to disagree a bit. The content of it is limited enough for me ot to recommend it at 5€.
    But if you are in the trading card beta you can sell the cards you get during gameplay and get some money back that way.

• Puzzle Agent 8/10

A fun Puzzle game with many good puzzles however a bit short and the Log challenge was frustrating...
    Got it free ages ago when I pre-ordered BTTF and finally got round to playing it...
    Hopefully Puzzle Agent 2 will be a bit more 'complete'...

• Wario Land 2 10/10
    This was and is one of my favourite Game Boy games and I am so glad I could finally play it on a handheld device again. Getting all the collectibles & map pieces took quite some time but I did it. I didn't finish the final final level though. I did that once in my past and I don't want to go back to that frustration.
    Still: if you like secrets, coins and Wario this game is a must-play.

• Resident Evil: Revelations (PC)

I was getting ready to rant about the so-called return to survival horror...but then I got to the last few episodes. While the tension, fear and claustrophobia have still not made their comeback to the series, a lot of the gameplay style has... in the last few episodes.

First, let's get to the "the few episodes" explanation. For the majority of the game, I found myself having little trouble gunning everything down new-school Res-evil style and often forgot I even had grenades. That began to change in the final quarter of the game. Conserving ammunition, dodging(which I could never get to work for me 100% of the time adding to difficulty), running and carefully using herbs became more paramount.

While I would not call this game a return to survival horror, it did give me a feeling of hope as some of the elements were there. Backtracking is back...somewhat as well. As I've previously mentioned, I wish the game stuck to 1 or 2 characters. I also wish it stuck to 1 or 2 locations. A good portion of the game sticks to the open area, room-to-room, wandering around that the early games in the franchise featured. Unfortunately, there were also some A to B, you're only going to see once, portions to this game.

So is this a return to earlier form?

In my opinion, no. It felt more like someone played through every game in the franchise and tossed them all in a blender. All in all, I felt it was a decent game, but it was nothing special.

6/10

• I beat the Story Mode of Injustice: Gods Among Us

It was a pretty good game. Plays a lot like a hybrid of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, (unsurprising since its made by Netherealm Studios! XD)

I really enjoyed the story too. I like seeing Superman playing the bad guy.

EDIT: I don't like how it nags about the DLC all the time though. -_-

• @RetroVortex said: I beat the Story Mode of Injustice: Gods Among Us

It was a pretty good game. Plays a lot like a hybrid of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, (unsurprising since its made by Netherealm Studios! XD)

I really enjoyed the story too. I like seeing Superman playing the bad guy.

EDIT: I don't like how it nags about the DLC all the time though. -_-

My favorite thing about the story mode is that it ended up being Superman vs. Superman, rather than the predictable Batman vs. Superman.

• Mass effect 1

Positives: One of the best games ever made an amzing story and sometimes emotional choices that affect your ending and story overral , romance options (sexy romance options) and amazing gameplay , leveling system , side missions , talents ,upgrading your wepons and armor , and alot of other content that can keep you ocupied for a while. I mainly only did the side missions if i felt that i needed to level up but they wre a welcome break from the main plot and still provided exciting combat . I also like how u decide what guns your teammates use and when they use their talents and you can command them to regroup take cover or attack . And in my opinion what makes your playtrough unique besides the choices is the customisation of shepard i love that u can change every little detail about him including his backstory but if you dont wanna waste time creating a shepard you can go with the original shepard. I liked that classes gave you diferent talents to build on a well.

Negatives : I did have a few glitches a slight freeze during a cutscene where i had to wait a minute for the game to unfreeze but by then the cutscene had ended(i later checked that cutscene on youtube and it wasnt anything that important) some slight textures glitches as well but nothing too big. And besides that i tought the classes restricted your gunpower too much only being able to use two types of weapon for class( u can use all 4 guns but you cant even aim down sights with the wrong weapons )again nothing too big but it can get repetetive. At first i only used the shotgun but it got old fast so i quickly started to use the pistol even tough it wasnt that powerfull

Overral: 9/10

• Woohoo! I diiiid it!
    I actually completed one of my GOGs! :D

Normality is completed!

Now what did I think about it:

It was a pretty solid adventure game, quite quirky and had some interesting characters and storyline, but it kind of fell apart towards the end as the puzzles become increasingly obtuse (to the point I just needed a guide), and the ending is kind of insanely random.

Still worth a play.
    About 6.5/10

Pretty good.

• Clock Tower 9/10

The original horror adventure game. This is definitely a game that Telltale could do.

Add Comment