User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 25.8K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OMG mass effect 1 is sooo good im loving it maybe the best game ive ever played

• @Tomi021 said: OMG mass effect 1 is sooo good im loving it maybe the best game ive ever played

You are just setting yourself up for disappointment in Mass Effect 2 and 3 here.
    Just ignore them. Do it for me.

• I'd say Mass Effect 2 is relatively harmless. I suppose it really depends on if you like the characters. If you do, then it's more fun than ME 1, since the optional missions tend to end up being more fun. If you don't, it seems like a laundry list.

ME 3 just is a laundry list.

• I loved all 3 mass effect games.

Then again I think the gameplay is crap on all 3 and only enjoy the story, so that's maybe why.

• @der_ketzer said: Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Just wanted to test it and I'm already completely hooked.

I tried the demo, having never played a Fire Emblem game before, and I love how it plays. It's very much like Dungeons & Dragons.

@der_ketzer said: I'd say Mass Effect 2 is relatively harmless. I suppose it really depends on if you like the characters. If you do, then it's more fun than ME 1, since the optional missions tend to end up being more fun. If you don't, it seems like a laundry list.

ME 3 just is a laundry list.

I loved 2 and 3(and loved the ending for my own reasons, but then I love thinking philosophically so I'm probably one of the few that put any thought into the ending), but have yet to get around to playing the first.

• I didn't mind the ending in 3. I just minded the rest of the game. It dragged on and on. I've never been so conscious of the length of my unfinished quest list in a game until ME3. I didn't notice so much in ME2 because with the optional companion quests, and even the mini quests that people gave me while I was wandering around the various planets you could wander around (key word: various) I felt invested in finishing the mission. With ME3, you got the Citadel and the ship and every quest that wasn't a main quest was essentially a glorified fetch quest or a glorified "walk down this hallway" quest.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I tried the demo, having never played a Fire Emblem game before, and I love how it plays. It's very much like Dungeons & Dragons.

I'd compare it to the latest X-Com game.
    And it's just as hard and wonderful.

• I beat Heavy Rain a few days ago. I'm still depressed.... AMAZING GAME!

• Having managed to hook up an old External Drive to my Wii, I've been trying out some Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros. Wii track/level hacks. Lot of interesting stuff out there (provided you own the original games, of course).

• Rocksmith

It bloody great! Fun AND educational.
    (It actually makes me want to practice and improve. :D)

Add Comment