User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 20.6K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well just remember, Superman isn't a fighter. He's just a dude that suddenly has to fight a trained soldier.

• Neither is Banner. He's just a scientist. And when he's the Hulk, he's an untrained, uncontrollable, superpowered fighter with the mentality of a five year old. And he still managed to destroy fewer buildings.

• Well it's more of a general response to the theme I've heard that he should have tried to lure Zod away.

I'm like... so you've never actually been in a fight, have you.

• @DAISHI said: Well it's more of a general response to the theme I've heard that he should have tried to lure Zod away.

I'm like... so you've never actually been in a fight, have you.

Superman DID keep the fight up in the air away from ground level as much as possible though. He was likely trying to keep Zod's focus on him. If Supes had spent more time rescuing civilians, Zod would have been like, "Huh. If he keeps doing that, I'll threaten more and wear him down." That being said...he could've at least been showing saving SOMEONE other than Lois.

@DAISHI said: [B]Wreck it Ralph- 7/10[/B]I was kinda dissapointed in this movie i was expecting more video game references like ratchet and clank references maybe some uncharted and some other games MARIO FUCKING MARIO DIDNT EVEN APEAR and bowser did so they clearly had the license for that.But the story was interesting and kinda funny at some points.

Why Ratchet & Clank or Uncharted? They're not classics really. And they didn't want Mario to be reduced to a pointless cameo(no such reservations for the blue hedgehog).

• @Shadowknight1 said:

Why Ratchet & Clank or Uncharted? They're not classics really. And they didn't want Mario to be reduced to a pointless cameo(no such reservations for the blue hedgehog).

I just wish they could have more references maybe not ratchet and uncharted but MORE Characters maybe kirby , glados , shel etc...

• @Tomi021 said: [B]Wreck it Ralph- 7/10[/B]I was kinda dissapointed in this movie i was expecting more video game references like ratchet and clank references maybe some uncharted and some other games MARIO FUCKING MARIO DIDNT EVEN APEAR and bowser did so they clearly had the license for that.But the story was interesting and kinda funny at some points.

...I'm guessing you're new around here.

• @StrongBrush1 said: ...I'm guessing you're new around here.

y u say that not Everyone thinks the same geez people just complaining cause i give my FUCKING opinion . I dont Have to give the movie 10/10 just because everyone else likes it FFS

• Um... yeah. New.

This thread is full of people giving vastly different ratings on movies. Often the same ones. But generally, the complaints for a given movie aren't based on what references it lacked, but how the narrative fit together and how any references that appeared benefitted the story as a whole.

I suppose I'm saying that it's a little ridiculous to dock a movie three points because it didn't have a reference that you wanted when such a reference would likely have made the movie worse with its presence. Dock it for its over-reliance on references, dock it for the poor pacing through Sugar Rush, dock it for the somewhat cheesy and predictable ending.

But references? Really?

• @Alcoremortis said: Um... yeah. New.

This thread is full of people giving vastly different ratings on movies. Often the same ones. But generally, the complaints for a given movie aren't based on what references it lacked, but how the narrative fit together and how any references that appeared benefitted the story as a whole.

I suppose I'm saying that it's a little ridiculous to dock a movie three points because it didn't have a reference that you wanted when such a reference would likely have made the movie worse with its presence. Dock it for its over-reliance on references, dock it for the poor pacing through Sugar Rush, dock it for the somewhat cheesy and predictable ending.

But references? Really?

Well it isnt really references i probably put it the wrong way i wanted more Characters to apear in the movie they clearly had the licenses(at least for nintendo) so i was expecting it to have more retro game characters but if you people cant take someone elses opinions in this thread then why should i bother really im erasing my "review" and i can safely say im not coming back to this thread that soon

• I'm not saying you should erase your review. I'm just telling you my opinion on it. And I don't think that adding more characters would have made it a better film. I think adding more would have made it a worse film.

This is what I'm saying.

Add Comment