User Avatar Image

Is taking Kenny's side worth it?

posted by TeamKennyAlways on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

TeamKennyAlways here, creating a new discussion about Kenny what a surprise (do people think I'm obsessed with him?) Anyway I was thinking about my choices and how I was constantly jumping through hoops to please Kenny. Seriously I was as loyal as a dog. So after taking Kenny's side at every choice possible (apart from Ben and letting him shoot Duck which makes him hate me apparently) I was thinking is it worth it? I do everything for him and end up turning everyone in the group against me that's the way I see it since Lilly hates me, Larry hates me well he did already, Clem ends up leaving me if you let her decide for herself in episode 5 but I don't think she hates me, Ben hates me I guess, the only people who do like me are him and his family who are dead! I end up looking like a bad guy in the game since most of the choices are bad like dropping the salt lick on Larry's head. And in episode 4 he throws everything I did for him, back in my face by saying I was never there for him! What the f*** Kenny! I know why he said that but come on! Lets get to the point people who take Kenny's side looking back do you think it's worth it just to get some bro speech? People who didn't do you think it's better to stay away from him? Let me know if you think it's worth it taking his side? I'm not saying I hate Kenny.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Virtumonde said: The boat plan wasn't the greatest idea but it would have worked if Vernon didn't interfere and we didn't have a better plan at that moment. Maybe Lilly would have had a better idea if he didn't kill her dad.
    If only he didn't kill Larry in the locker, things would have played out differently.

Stealing from the station wagon or not seemed like a stupid choice to me.
    You haven't eaten in days and you run into a wagon full of food left unprotected, since it's about survival i agreed with kenny and took it without thinking. The strangers fault he left it like that in a zombie apocalypse.
    In Ep5 when the stranger started talking about the wagon i just told him "I don't care", it was his fault for not looking after his own supplies.

*cough cough* If only Lilly hadn't decided to shoot Carley or Ben up when she was pissed over Kenny/ you, and then leaving like a coward/ being kicked out. She had no reason to pull the trigger in my book.

• My opinion is that Kenny is flawed. Yes, I got the bro speech on my first playthrough, yes he and I are bros 4 lyfe, but he's still flawed. Like Mornai said, if your choices agree with Kenny (like mine did) then it's worth siding with him, because he'd die for anyone he considers family in an instant. Heck, he's willing to die for Lee in Episode 1 no matter what, even if you left Duck on Hershel's farm and agreed with Larry about throwing him out into the street to be torn to pieces simply based on suspicion. That makes it more painful for me when he develops his cold-hearted survivalist mentality later on, after the dairy. Personally, I would never have been friends with Episode 3-4 Kenny if he'd been like that from the start, because he acts like a bit of a prick, but since we'd known each other since Episode 1 and he'd had my back because I helped him when I thought Larry was dead, I tried to be there for him.

While the bro speech is pretty awesome, and being his friend and having each others back the entire way from Episode 1-5 just makes his death in 5 that much more painful, don't jump through every hoop he throws you trying to get approval. Hell, I'd disagreed with him twice by the end of Episode 4, and, knowing that his loyalty became a bit "finicky" the more times you disagreed, when Lee looked at Kenny I even said out loud "You better fucking come with us."

• Well I never side w/ Kenny. Just sided w/ Lilly and was always nice to Katjaa & Duck but not to Kenny. When Lilly was not there anymore, I sided more with Omid, Christa & Ben. :D I'm such a bad person... well... no, I did the right thing. haha ;)

• Of course it is; Kenny's the ultimate bro.

• @Rock114 said: My opinion is that Kenny is flawed. Yes, I got the bro speech on my first playthrough, yes he and I are bros 4 lyfe, but he's still flawed. Like Mornai said, if your choices agree with Kenny (like mine did) then it's worth siding with him, because he'd die for anyone he considers family in an instant. Heck, he's willing to die for Lee in Episode 1 no matter what, even if you left Duck on Hershel's farm and agreed with Larry about throwing him out into the street to be torn to pieces simply based on suspicion. That makes it more painful for me when he develops his cold-hearted survivalist mentality later on, after the dairy. Personally, I would never have been friends with Episode 3-4 Kenny if he'd been like that from the start, because he acts like a bit of a prick, but since we'd known each other since Episode 1 and he'd had my back because I helped him when I thought Larry was dead, I tried to be there for him.

While the bro speech is pretty awesome, and being his friend and having each others back the entire way from Episode 1-5 just makes his death in 5 that much more painful, don't jump through every hoop he throws you trying to get approval. Hell, I'd disagreed with him twice by the end of Episode 4, and, knowing that his loyalty became a bit "finicky" the more times you disagreed, when Lee looked at Kenny I even said out loud "You better fucking come with us."

lol I did the same thing there xD I seriously was about to cuss him out in episode 4. I rarely get the bro-speech, because I don't always agree with him, but it feels good when you do. I mean, he is the only group member besides Clem to be with you at the start and survive with you to the end. To me, that's cool

• I didn't disagree with him in every instance, but after several key points I figured that his loyalty wasn't worth compromising what I thought was the right thing to do.

• From my point of view, absolutely not.

I don't hate him, but his 'either your with me or against me' attitude makes taking his side a huge gamble. You either blindly follow everything he says until he says the one thing that you will disagree with, and he'll take it personally to the point where he sees you in danger and won't lift a finger to help you. To me, that's not loyalty, that's using people for your own benefit and cutting them loose once they have the nerve to say 'no'. If he wanted to be 'bros' with my Lee, he should have learned to be a better friend and not pressurise my Lee to take his side and put my Lee's life in danger if I don't comply.

Not wanting to come find Clementine at first was almost the final straw for me, since I knew he wanted to punish Lee for not consistently taking his side by leaving a little girl to her fate. Why should Clementine suffer just because of the arguments that Lee and Kenny have? In the end I managed to convince him to find her somehow, but if he had ended up saying no again, I would have cut ties from Kenny and give him a taste of his own medicine for putting up with him for the entire game.

Of course, he managed to redeem himself somewhat in Episode 5 and I was sad to see him die whilst putting Ben out of his misery, but I wished that he had tried harder to make up for his poor attitude with my Lee. In the end, I wasn't too upset to see him go.

• No. I never liked him. What I hated about him was his hypocrisy. He was so quick to kill lilly's dad, but when it was time for him to ''Man up and have the balls to do the right thing'' and stop his son from turning, he was all ''OH NOES HE WILL BE FINE!!!!''

And if you agree with him on everything, do everything that makes him happy, then he will hate you when you try and help lilly save her useless prick-of-a-dad. And he will hold that grudge on you for the rest of the season.

But he re-deemed him self at the end.

So fuck/praise kenny :P

• For me, it seemed worth it. The moment that I had to abandon Lilly, I knew I made the right choice siding with Kenny.

• I liked him so i tried to side with him fully but i seemed to have sided for lilly epwhen i said reason with him about the duck thing so i had to say clementine is my family to get him to help find her

Add Comment