Menu
User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter/Crowdfunding thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 21.2K users

Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The real reason for the delay was probably that they wanted to release it on my birthday. I backed and received Giana Sisters, but this is my first one that sort of was initiated with the Kickstarter. It's a milestone for sure.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Armikrog. is not only funded, but has exceeded its goal by 52.700$ at the time of writing (60 minutes to KS end).

• They made the Wii U stretch goal, which is nice.

They're also working on setting up a paypal option for latecomers and people without amazon accounts

• @Darth Marsden said: Shame.

On the other hand, Nelly Cootalot got funded! Yays.

I'm still somewhat disappointed by the fact that it probably won't reach the £28,000 stretch goal, though. Those extra cutscenes would be great.

• We're getting intro and outro cutscenes. That'll do nicely.

• I wana kickstart creating the ultimate life form.

• Okay, so umm... How do I get a key for LSL:R as a KS backer?

I checked my emails and didn't find it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently you have to register an account on Replay Games' website using your KS info.

• A Vampyre Story:Year One only has 66 hours left and is only one quarter of the way to its goal ($50k out of $200k).

It's sad, but I really don't blame people. Mona's new voice is pretty bad.

• @Chyron8472 said: A Vampyre Story:Year One only has 66 hours left and is only one quarter of the way to its goal ($50k out of $200k).

It's sad, but I really don't blame people. Mona's new voice is pretty bad.

I think the interest level was just way too low. Nobody played the original Vampire Story and those who did weren't looking for a prequel. I think he would have had better luck if he started from scratch and promoted a new adventure from the artist behind Curse of Monkey Island

• @Darth Marsden said: We're getting intro and outro cutscenes. That'll do nicely.

Yeah, but still. I always found the cutscenes spread throughout games like 'Curse of Monkey Island', 'Grim Fandango' and the 'Broken Sword' series to be a feature that really added great value.

Unless there's cutscenes interspersed with gameplay, I know that it'll just feel (to me) like the intro and outtro sequences are kinda tacked on, and strangely separated. Whereas, with regular cutscenes, the game is more likely to feel like a well-balanced experience of cinematic sequences and the interactive sections combining in a way that feels unified and complementary.

I know I can't ask for everything in such a small-scale, independent venture, but I'm merely discussing my ideal vision for what this game should (and deserves to) be.

Add Comment