User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 76.8K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

317 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hi TeamKennyAlways here
    I've only played one game of TTG and that's The Walking Dead. I mostly make posts on the walking dead spoiler forum but I decided to check out the general chat so here I am, you might not have seen me around before. I am named after one of my favourite characters from TWD Kenny. I come from England, you know the place with luxurious weather.. Not! I mostly play video games all day since I have no social life, forever alone :( or I take my dog for long endless walks. On the forums I like to make jokes, which I'm not sure if people find them funny. I come on the forum a lot, a regular member either that or I'm obsessed. If you ever come to the TWD Spoiler Forums I'm sure you'll find me there :)
    TeamKennyAlways is out piece!

• Hello! My name is Karla, but I prefer to be called Fanta on the internet. :P

My hobbies are playing video games, playing music, and doing art. I'll be sure to share some TTG Fanart when I get the chance.
    The only TTG games I've played so far are Poker Night and The Walking Dead. And I look forward to playing some more TTG games in the future. :)

• Hi, I'm Jay! I'm a composer and game developer and absolutely love Telltale games for lovingly resurrecting a few of my favorite old franchises. :)

• Hey Guys, I'm James and I'm from Nottingham, England. Become a big fan of Telltale Games via the Walking Dead, though I'm hoping to give Fables, Jurassic Park and Back to the Future a chance at some point soon on me PS3. I'm also a huge Doctor Who nerd so you might notice my creative attempts on making a fictional Telltale Doctor Who Game Wiki shortly. Hope to make you all proud! :D

• @Derek Metaltron said: Hey Guys, I'm James and I'm from Nottingham, England. Become a big fan of Telltale Games via the Walking Dead, though I'm hoping to give Fables, Jurassic Park and Back to the Future a chance at some point soon on me PS3. I'm also a huge Doctor Who nerd so you might notice my creative attempts on making a fictional Telltale Doctor Who Game Wiki shortly. Hope to make you all proud! :D

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll be welcome here. You could be an absolute wally and someone would still love you.

I noticed on your profile you are a student. Which University in Nottingham are you at? I'm due to move up and start computer science at UoN in September.

• @Friar said: Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll be welcome here. You could be an absolute wally and someone would still love you.

I noticed on your profile you are a student. Which University in Nottingham are you at? I'm due to move up and start computer science at UoN in September.

Aww, thanks, I am rather a lovable sort. Nottingham Trent at the moment though I am in my final year, rounding off my Thesis for my Postgrad. UON is a great place though as my dad went there, I'm sure you'll love it. :)

• @Derek Metaltron said: Aww, thanks, I am rather a lovable sort. Nottingham Trent at the moment though I am in my final year, rounding off my Thesis for my Postgrad. UON is a great place though as my dad went there, I'm sure you'll love it. :)

Yeah, I've loved it on all the open days I've been to. Trent looked pretty cool too, but I only got a cursory glance passing it in the car. What are you studying?

• @Friar said: Yeah, I've loved it on all the open days I've been to. Trent looked pretty cool too, but I only got a cursory glance passing it in the car. What are you studying?

Museum and Heritage Management. I did most of the course last year but I'm rounding the Thesis off this year. So most of it is based at home, really.

• Good afternoon, I'm moms, first time posting.. little nervous, hope I make a good first impression.. for a change. :rolleyes:
    Anyway, was wandering through the forums here hoping to find an area or a thread that would be for tech-ish type support but I didn't notice any.
    I am trying to get myself a good gaming computer, and unfortunately, I know nothing about them.
    My kids are sorta helping me (they are both excellent gamers) and have given me some specs but left it to me to make sure they are doable (I think they are trying to teach me responsibility or something.. it's a loooong story.)
    Anyway, if this isn't the appropriate forum for such stuff, maybe one of you kind folk might be able to direct me to one that is?
    Would really appreciate any suggestions!

• Welcome! If you're looking to get some help with tech stuff, you're welcome to start a thread here in General Chat. Just be sure to include info on what you're looking to do with your computer and I'm sure you'll get a few people happy to help you figure it out.

Add Comment