User Avatar Image

Stats Problem

posted by PatriceB on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

When i try to see the stats menu, i have this:

t81t.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And then i cannot do anything, i have to reboot or quit the game.

Is there any solution ?
Thanks

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

We are currently investigating this issue, but if you can please provide us with a little more information, it will greatly help us to resolve this issue.

What region are you located in (US, Canada, Europe, etc)? When you start the game while connected to the Playstation Network, are you prompted to install a patch?

When you navigate to the Game Data Utility option on your PS3 XMB, and select The Walking Dead, what version number is listed? If you delete this data and then restart the game, you will be prompted to reinstall updates. After reinstalling these updates what version is listed now?

• I have exactly the same issue. The screen shows like this when I try to review my stats for episodes 1 and 2. When I (earlier) completed episode 2, the stats were blank, but there was a 'press X to continue' button - which didn't do anything.

The only option from these screens was to quit the game.

My region is UK. I am not prompted to install a patch since the update that installed earlier today (which added "400 Days" to the episode menu).

The version number under the game information is 1.05.

There is not an entry under Game Data Utility for The Walking Dead, so I am unable to try the advice about deleting it and reinstalling.

If it's relevant, I have a season pass PSN version, with (only) episodes 1 and 2 downloaded.

I hope this helps get a solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance.

• Yep I have the same problem. I'm in the US, playing on PS3 for the first time. I beat episode 1 and then it cut to that blank stats screen. The only way out of that empty screen was to just quit the game. I never even knew it was supposed to be a stats screen until now. When I start from that save file, it tells me I need to get episode 2. I have the season pass, I get episode 2... the episode stays in my games, but there's no option to install it. There is only an option to delete it or see info on the 811 MB. Back in Walking Dead, it just keeps telling me to get episode 2.

I see this blank stats screen when I select an episode after loading the save game there is a button for stats and this blank stats screen appears just like the original poster photoed, but now I can push a button to go back.

Like the previous poster I bought the PSN season pass with the last sale.

Thanks for any support.

>>> UPDATE >>> Now that its 9 am my PS3 did its morning updates, it self installed episode 2 and its in the game now. I've also started up the game, tried to check out the stats, which are still blank. Now the stats screen doesn't let me go back and I need to quit and restart the game.

Now I'm trying to play episode 2 and it just cuts to a black screen for a while, but then it starts up to show a recap of episode 1 so I guess it works. So it looks like whatever was wrong is now fixed?

• Having the exact same problem, except mine DID show up when I first completed episodes 1 and 2. I had problems with my saves not showing up, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Then I tried to view my stats and got that "blank" stat screens.

I just completed Episode 3 and am frozen at the post-game stats screen. Also realized that during the game, I was not getting those "You chose XXXX" messages after major choices. I believe my game is up to date with 1.07.

• @MattP said: We are currently investigating this issue, but if you can please provide us with a little more information, it will greatly help us to resolve this issue.

What region are you located in (US, Canada, Europe, etc)? When you start the game while connected to the Playstation Network, are you prompted to install a patch?

When you navigate to the Game Data Utility option on your PS3 XMB, and select The Walking Dead, what version number is listed? If you delete this data and then restart the game, you will be prompted to reinstall updates. After reinstalling these updates what version is listed now?

I am in the US. I am not prompted to install a patch, it has already been updated to 1.07. As a previous poster mentioned, there is nothing under Game Data Utility for Walking Dead.

I am a Playstation Plus subscriber btw if that might be a factor, so I initially had Episodes 1-2 for "free" through PS+ before buying the full season later.

@MattP said: Having the exact same problem, except mine DID show up when I first completed episodes 1 and 2. I had problems with my saves not showing up, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Then I tried to view my stats and got that "blank" stat screens.

I just completed Episode 3 and am frozen at the post-game stats screen. Also realized that during the game, I was not getting those "You chose XXXX" messages after major choices. I believe my game is up to date with 1.07.

• The stats problems has been fixed for me. I completed epsiode 4 today and the stats were present. I was also able to review stats for previously completed episodes. The version number is still 1.06, so it wasn't that an update was applied. Looks like something got sorted out on-line.

• I have this same problem. Any solutions?

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure you are connected to the PlayStation Network when you play The Walking Dead to guarantee that you will receive the stats. When you launch the game also make sure to download any available updates.

• I have the same problem, Plus now when I go to the game, just stay on the Tittle Screen with UPDATING on process for hours.

My version of TWD its 1.07, Season Pass, not 400 days owned. USA PSN, PS3 500

• I have the same problem, Plus now when I go to the game, just stay on the Tittle Screen with UPDATING on process for hours.

My version of TWD its 1.07, Season Pass, not 400 days owned. USA PSN, PS3 500

Add Comment