User Avatar Image

Kenny's sacrifice.

posted by Inferuz on - last edited - Viewed by 780 users

"It's just somethin' I gotta do. You know that."

Damn i never tough of it that way, Kenny was not being a hero, he was avenging his wife and son!

Long live Kenny.

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think so... Kenny had been wishing for Ben to die but when it happened he realised it was not what he wanted which explains "Me and my f*cking mouth" either that or his big speech in the room with the dead couple, that after saying all that he had to do something to help. Kenny wasn't avenging his family he was putting Ben out of his misery, after he heard about Ben's family and saw him in that awful state, Kenny felt sorry for and I guess finally forgave Ben so he sacrifice himself so Ben wasn't eaten alive as it was his worst fear. In my opinion Kenny didn't have to die he could have just shot Ben and left but I understand why he did it. Anyway back to subject, no I don't think he did it for revenge as I said above, Kenny did it for his family, for Ben, to end the suffering he and Ben had been through.

  • @TeamKennyAlways said: I don't think so... Kenny had been wishing for Ben to die but when it happened he realised it was not what he wanted which explains "Me and my f*cking mouth" either that or his big speech in the room with the dead couple, that after saying all that he had to do something to help. Kenny wasn't avenging his family he was putting Ben out of his misery, after he heard about Ben's family and saw him in that awful state, Kenny felt sorry for and I guess finally forgave Ben so he sacrifice himself so Ben wasn't eaten alive as it was his worst fear. In my opinion Kenny didn't have to die he could have just shot Ben and left but I understand why he did it. Anyway back to subject, no I don't think he did it for revenge as I said above, Kenny did it for his family, for Ben, to end the suffering he and Ben had been through.



    I think the fact he could have shot him and left is why that doesn't hold up. I count the Ben version of Kenny's death as a justifying suicide to himself. He wanted to die, but not to "just give up". So he takes his chance when Ben falls.

    The Christa version may lack the emotional punch of talking too him through the gate, but i liked the fact that Kenny genuinely died a hero in my game.

  • Actually telling him you'll leave instead of staying, and choosing "Goodbye" after was pretty touching. At least with the Ben version Lee and Kenny get to say their goodbyes to each other.

  • @Yertos said: Actually telling him you'll leave instead of staying, and choosing "Goodbye" after was pretty touching. At least with the Ben version Lee and Kenny get to say their goodbyes to each other.



    I always felt that leaving when Kenny tells Lee to go made the scene less emotional. Especially if you've been on Kenny's side throughout the whole game, to just walk away when you know he's going to (most likely) die just doesn't feel right.

    It's probably just me, I love those "I'm not leaving!" scenes in media. :D

  • So he gave up his life to avenge his son and wife? Lol, seems legit.

  • @tommywx said: So he gave up his life to avenge his son and wife? Lol, seems legit.



    Would Kenny rather kill the bastard who got them kill and die with him or not kill him at all?

  • Just a few minutes earlier, Kenny realized exactly how much he'd changed for the worse throughout the Season. And when Ben fell, he was in exactly the same situation Shawn was in. He was stuck, with walkers closing in on him, and again, it was only Kenny and Lee there to help. The reason he stayed behind and used his one bullet to kill Ben, was to save him from the pain of being eaten alive. In his mind, it was a way of redeeming himself for everything he'd done up to that point, especially letting Shawn die. He even tries to fight off the walkers and save Ben because he forgave him for everything, and when he couldn't save his life, he used his last bullet to save him from being torn to pieces while still alive.

    If Kenny REALLY wanted revenge, he would have gone with Lee and let Ben get eaten alive. He wouldn't have spared Ben the pain by using his last bullet on him, and then letting himself get eaten.

  • @Rock114 said: Just a few minutes earlier, Kenny realized exactly how much he'd changed for the worse throughout the Season. And when Ben fell, he was in exactly the same situation Shawn was in. He was stuck, with walkers closing in on him, and again, it was only Kenny and Lee there to help. The reason he stayed behind and used his one bullet to kill Ben, was to save him from the pain of being eaten alive. In his mind, it was a way of redeeming himself for everything he'd done up to that point, especially letting Shawn die. He even tries to fight off the walkers and save Ben because he forgave him for everything, and when he couldn't save his life, he used his last bullet to save him from being torn to pieces while still alive.

    If Kenny REALLY wanted revenge, he would have gone with Lee and let Ben get eaten alive. He wouldn't have spared Ben the pain by using his last bullet on him, and then letting himself get eaten.



    Exactly what I thought, well said.

  • @Rock114 said: Just a few minutes earlier, Kenny realized exactly how much he'd changed for the worse throughout the Season. And when Ben fell, he was in exactly the same situation Shawn was in. He was stuck, with walkers closing in on him, and again, it was only Kenny and Lee there to help. The reason he stayed behind and used his one bullet to kill Ben, was to save him from the pain of being eaten alive. In his mind, it was a way of redeeming himself for everything he'd done up to that point, especially letting Shawn die. He even tries to fight off the walkers and save Ben because he forgave him for everything, and when he couldn't save his life, he used his last bullet to save him from being torn to pieces while still alive.

    If Kenny REALLY wanted revenge, he would have gone with Lee and let Ben get eaten alive. He wouldn't have spared Ben the pain by using his last bullet on him, and then letting himself get eaten.


    There was an option in the pharmacy, you say something to Kenny and "You told Kenny to not give a damn about it ".

Add Comment