User Avatar Image

400 Days (Season One DLC) review / discussion thread - SO MANY SPOILERS

posted by puzzlebox on - last edited - Viewed by 29.5K users

Hey guys, thanks for playing The Walking Dead: 400 Days! This thread is dedicated to all your spoilery review / general discussion goodness. Have at!

No need to tag spoilers here, the whole thread will be full of 'em. Looking for the spoiler-free thread? It's here.

225 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @george1120 said: If you freed the thief instead of the rapist, Vince seems to go because he is upset how the guy just left you. If you freed the rapist, he says he doesn't want to go because the guy was a team player and feels bad that he had to die. I find this stupid, because if you made the whole group go while Vince stays, this would make him a hypocrite. How would he be a team player if everyone in the team left to go with Tavia?

Yeah, this is my only major problem with the game. Vince is the only character I couldn't get to leave with Tavia on my first playthrough and it feels kind of cheap that it's dependent on whether or not you kill Danny.

If you kill Danny: "Guys, if there's one thing I learned from Danny, it's that we need to stick together and protect one another!" [later: "VINCE STAYED AT CAMP, EVERYONE ELSE WENT WITH TAVIA"]

If you kill Justin: "Ugh, that guy Justin ditched me to go find one of those survival communities, what an asshole. Oh, but, you know what, this lady looks pretty healthy, let's do it!"

His actions in each scenario feel completely mismatched to what he says. Every other character decision I made had natural-feeling results while Vince's decision here feels arbitrary.

• @Huckleberry said: Yeah, this is my only major problem with the game. Vince is the only character I couldn't get to leave with Tavia on my first playthrough and it feels kind of cheap that it's dependent on whether or not you kill Danny.

If you kill Danny: "Guys, if there's one thing I learned from Danny, it's that we need to stick together and protect one another!" [later: "VINCE STAYED AT CAMP, EVERYONE ELSE WENT WITH TAVIA"]

If you kill Justin: "Ugh, that guy Justin ditched me to go find one of those survival communities, what an asshole. Oh, but, you know what, this lady looks pretty healthy, let's do it!"

His actions in each scenario feel completely mismatched to what he says. Every other character decision I made had natural-feeling results while Vince's decision here feels arbitrary.

i wonder if this was an accident made by telltale. There was no reason for him to not go along had you saved Danny. I hope a patch is made to correct this, because it's really confusing and unfair.

• Is it just me or does Becca have a problem with Bonnie or is trying to make fun of her because Becca think that Bonnie is mentally unstable ? I mean at the end scene where Bonnie speak that it's sound great what Tavia is saying and Becca directly say that "YOU should know that". She is also so negative about every possible new thing like the camp that Tavia was talking about. Why is Becca like that ?

Becca would had shot her "best friend" Stephanie if Shel wouldn't had done it or put one from the cancer group (Boyd I think) as a new watch dog if the other one die. What the hell is wrong with her?

• @FoxxyFox said: Bonnie is also a favorite of mine and she is kinda interesting, I do love the british accent she have.

British? Sounded like a Savannah accent to me. I like Bonnie too, and I think with her past and what happened during her storyline, she could be very interesting in Season 2. I may have missed it, but did she say what happened to Leland (assuming he leaves the corn field with you)? I liked him too.

• @Baddestsupercec said: I bet the people at the end were the ones who found Clem. The woman and the guy who was talking to her on the radio. And they will appear at the camp.

This is what should happen!

• @Viner16 said: ^^^ You forgot Vince ^^^

And how can you hate on Russel 3

True, Russell is great.

• Russel don't trust anyone and is even rude to Bonnie like Becca. Both attack Bonnie... Becca with the "killing" and Russel use the word "medicine" for drugs because Bonnie was a junkie (when you believe Dee). I don't like it when one specific person who was going through so much, get picked up by 2 people & Shel don't say anything to Becca. In one playthrough Vince tell Becca that it is enough.

@BlankCanvasDJ
    Well she didn't really say something but Becca does: "(...) Like Leland cared when he let you run off alone ? "

• @Huckleberry said: Yeah, this is my only major problem with the game. Vince is the only character I couldn't get to leave with Tavia on my first playthrough and it feels kind of cheap that it's dependent on whether or not you kill Danny.

Yeah makes about 0 sense IMO also, would be nice if Telltale would patch it but I doubt it's going to happen.

• @FoxxyFox said: Is it just me or does Becca have a problem with Bonnie or is trying to make fun of her because Becca think that Bonnie is mentally unstable ? I mean at the end scene where Bonnie speak that it's sound great what Tavia is saying and Becca directly say that "YOU should know that". She is also so negative about every possible new thing like the camp that Tavia was talking about. Why is Becca like that ?

The problem with these short episodes is that we can't really learn how most of the characters got to where they are now. I thought some of Becca's comments in Shelley's episode were absolutely bloodcurdling, but we don't have much of an idea of how she turned out that way. She could be desensitized to all the violence around her, or she could be similar to Molly, in that her unpleasant disposition is a cover for some deep-seated insecurity, or she could be just a natural sociopath.

• Did anybody else hear Lilly's voice in the corn field as one of the people trying to find you with the flash lights:confused:

Add Comment