User Avatar Image

TWD Episode 3 download issue

posted by Uhhhhlayna on - last edited - Viewed by 942 users

Hello,

Problem downloading Episode 3 here. When I click "Get" I get an error message stating that I have to be connected to the internet to use that feature. The problem is I AM connected to the internet. In addition, when I clicked "Get" for Episode 4 it began to download immediately. I'm not sure how I'll be able to download Episode 3 at this point.

Any tips/helpful comments would be greatly appreciated!

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

That's odd. Did any files appear, or did it show any error messages?

• @DjNDB said: That's odd. Did any files appear, or did it show any error messages?

the terminal says "Zipping data to support_data_mac.zip
    zip warning: first full name: /Users/Miranda/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/SyncFs/Meta/WalkingDead101PatchFs.json
    second full name: /Users/Miranda/Library/Application Support/telltale games/thewalkingdead/SyncFs/Meta/WalkingDead101PatchFs.json
    name in zip file repeated: WalkingDead101PatchFs.json
    this may be a result of using -j

zip error: Invalid command arguments (cannot repeat names in zip file)
    logout"

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I see the problem. You have two savegame folders, which is a situation that the support tool can't handle.

At that stage the "data.txt" should have been created though, so please upload it.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Thanks. I don't see anything unusual in there, and that's probably not something i can help with.

There's a possibility that the second savegame folder does something weird to the game though, so please try renaming the "thewalkingdead" folder in
    /Users/Miranda/Library/Application Support/telltale games/
    to "thewalkingdead_off" to make sure the game doesn't find it.

If that doesn't fix the problem it's best if you write to support@telltalegames.com

• done! but now it says "coming soon" & has no option for downloading the episodes at all.. hahaha

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

That's odd. I didn't expect the game to use that folder at all, because there are recent savegames in the other one.

Let's try some more, and also disable "TheWalkingDead" in
    /Users/Miranda/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/
    by renaming it to "TheWalkingDead_off"

It will create a new savegame folder and you won't see your savegames temporarily.
    Then try if the download works.

• just kidding, i had the wrong file turned "_off".. it was the one with saved games instead of the one without. anywho, i deleted the folder with no saved games & that brought the download option back. still, i receive a message telling me that i need internet connection.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

Can you please navigate to your Application Support folder (/Users/Miranda/Library/Application Support) and then take a screenshot that shows the contents of this folder? This screenshot should include both folders named 'Telltale Games'.

Also, have you moved or renamed this folder at any time? When you downloaded the DLC episodes of Walking Dead, did they all download and install normally through the in-game content menu?

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Turns out I introduced a bug in the support tool recently, assuming Mac file systems were case sensitive as other unixes.
    So basically there never were two savegame folders. Sorry about that.

Sadly I don't know how to fix the connection issue though.

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Alumni

We're currently investigating this issue and hope to have a resolution shortly.

Add Comment