User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.4K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thinking of playing the Swapper again. One of the best games ever.

• Animal crossing- Just got a badge saying I have caught over 1/2 the bugs in the game...
    I only got the game a week ago...

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Finally getting round to playing New Super Mario Bros. on the DS. Fun little game!

(and it only took me an hour to get used to the slightly floaty jumping physics. :p)

• I started playing my old Majora's mask save file again. I'm determined to beat it this time. I beat the Snow Head temple this morning.

I've also got Paper Mario: Sticker star on the go (which is dreadful. I'm going to sell it I think. It has none of the humour of the other games, no levelling up (so battles are pointless) and boss fights come down to having the right stickers, which sucks.

Oh, and Oracle of Seasons.

• Well I have been playing a lot of...
    OK...
    Animal Crossing- I just decided to play a Prank on the newest member of my town and finally decided to put those pit fall seeds to use...
    She wasn't happy...

• I decided to give the Cubeworld Open Alpha a go and the game is really easy
    *gets killed by a fly

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

The Walking Dead: 400 Days

I really like the idea of a five protagonist episode. I'm not sure if I'd want to play a whole season with five episodes with five protagonists each time, but it's fun as a one-time thing.

And, it definitely could work if they did a new protagonist each episode for a season.

• Finally managed to persuade my brother to let me play a bit of PS3 so I could start the Last Of Us...
    I found it average-ish
    The story and writing is pretty good but very predictable...
    The stealth is pretty generic and so is the Cover shooter
    I will continue but not sure it deserves '10/10's

Also they seem to have actually patched the explosion happening on TV before real life which is something that happened when I watched a couple of LP videos...

• Rogue Legacy.

A rogue-light Castlevania?
    Yes please! :D

• I decided to play Animal Crossing with my 8 year old Cousin...
    His first reaction was chop down all the trees, push all the villagers into pitfall seeds and he attempted to catch townspeople in nets to sell them to the slave trade...
    I'm not sure if I should be worried or not...

Add Comment