User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 38.8K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @coolsome said: Well its a big deal coming out of the closet.

Well, yeah, I get that, but knowing RTD he'd probably turn it into a musical episode or something, and then had the other characters mention it every single chance they could.

He's not a very subtle writer, is what I'm getting at.

• @Darth Marsden said: Well, yeah, I get that, but knowing RTD he'd probably turn it into a musical episode or something, and then had the other characters mention it every single chance they could.

He's not a very subtle writer, is what I'm getting at.

LikeBoys.jpg

• @coolsome said: Bullcrap! CBBC would never let a gay character be on there channel.

Oddly enough, it appears to have been a suit at CBBC who asked RTD to introduce a gay character.

In other news, details about the Official Doctor Who Event in November are out -

http://celebration.doctorwho.tv/

Yeah, I think I'll skip that.

• @FitzoliverJ said: In other news, details about the Official Doctor Who Event in November are out -

http://celebration.doctorwho.tv/

Yeah, I think I'll skip that.

Er - why? There's a very legitimate chance every living Doctor and Companion will be persuaded to come (indeed the only one I expect to be unwilling would be Christopher Eccleston).

• Yeah. While I could probably afford to do this... the time it would take to get there is just out of the question.

• Turns out the most obvious answer was right about John Hurt's Doctor.

• @Darth Marsden said: Honestly, as long as they hadn't made a huge deal out of it, I wouldn't have cared.

Of course, since it's RTD, they totally would have.

With it being a kids show, I don't think he would've gone in that direction. Although, with it being Luke, I could see him just dating a guy, and not realising that there is a stigma about it. And that would be the message that they would ring home. That you shouldn't have to be bothered by who you date. You just do. An idealistic world where coming out is not needed. Where if you want to, you can just date a guy (Or a girl if you want.). No worries about what people will think. That's the message he's always tried to put across with characters like Captain Jack.

Of course, This being RTD, I can see him doing some storyline revolving around some mind parasite feeding of secrets, thus making it a big deal.

As for the convention thing, I'm in two minds about it. None of my current friends like the show. Certainly not enough to fork out £80 for tickets and train fares, so I would be going alone. On the other side I will be at university then and I'm certain there will be many people in the Sci-Fi society who would go. But then it is a lot of money for a student...

Is anyone else actually going?

• @Ribs said: Er - why? There's a very legitimate chance every living Doctor and Companion will be persuaded to come

Because I don't want to spend however-much-it-was essentially to be plunged into an episode of the ever-tedious "Doctor Who Confidential", which seems pretty much to be what's on offer. Except BBC3 never offered the chance to buy a T-Shirt, I suppose....

Add Comment