User Avatar Image

Issues with save

posted by erenr on - last edited - Viewed by 773 users

Hello,

I never had any issues with my game save before, but after I downloaded 400 Days, it seems to think I've only just completed Episode 2. I went ahead and just played 400 Days because I was excited (hopefully this didn't mess things up, haha), but I noticed that it seems to think I saved Doug when I actually saved Carley. When I look on the stats page for episode 2, it says I saved Carley. I attempted to start Episode 3 (a popup about save data came up, I think, that I just clicked cancel on), but the screen was black and I exited quickly because I was worried about messing something up.

I'm using Windows 7 and I run the game on Steam.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Everything seems to be okay, from what I can tell. That's so strange! Hopefully there aren't any hidden issues or anything, but it seems to remember my choices.

Is it okay that it says ep5 on one save file and 400 Days on another? When I clicked "play" on the 400 Days one, the menu scrolled through the last 5 episodes before reaching 400 Days, so hopefully that means it knows I beat the main game.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

There's no way for me to know what's going on.
    Did you also have these 2 save slots before?

• No--when I looked at my ingame save files today (after beating 400 Days), all I saw was that glitchy file saying episode 2. So there was no 400 Days file before, but the one that's appeared now seems to remember my choices.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

There is a risk that something is inconsistent, but i don't know how to find out for sure.
    If it looks good, i would try using it. Beats starting over.

• Haha, yeah, I guess I'll just wait and see if any problems come up in future content before going in for the long haul again.

Weird stuff. Thanks so much for all your help!

• Here's mine!

Thanks for doing this, by the way.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

-rw-r--r-- 1 erikbertilsson staff 11K 4 Jul 20:30 /Users/erikbertilsson/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/prefs.prop
    -rw-r--r-- 1 erikbertilsson admin 16K 4 Jul 20:29 /Applications/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/default/prefs.prop

You have 2 active prefs.prop files.

Please run this script to fix it. It creates backup copies of both prefs.prop files, and moves the Steam prefs.prop to the savegame folder.

• Should I just continue starting up episode 2 again? I don't see the 'Continue' but if it was like before 'Play' will work just like it.

• i had a similar problem for ever with the game not recognizing all my saves from ep1-3 and im very happy to report that simply changing pref.props to pref.props.bak worked like a charm!

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@erikbertilsson said: Should I just continue starting up episode 2 again? I don't see the 'Continue' but if it was like before 'Play' will work just like it.

So the script didn't fix that?
    I guess you can try that.

Add Comment