User Avatar Image

Anyone else disappointed in the coverage TellTale has given The Wolf Among Us?

posted by DrChem on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

I certainly am, we haven't gotten any piece of information in awhile and since this is coming out in summer it makes me even more nervous that they figured out it sucked and are just quietly releasing it.

94 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hope this isn't the full schedule because if it is, looks like we're definitely going to be waiting until PAX to hear about TWAU.

• This is very disappointing, they promised a summer release and we certainly know that there won't be one. What irks me the most is how hush hush the are about it.At least release some screen shots

• We know nothing of the sort. Remember that they announced 400 Days and released it less than a month later. They still have two months to get TWAU out.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@DrChem said: This is very disappointing, they promised a summer release and we certainly know that there won't be one.

I'm sure we'll still get a summer release. Summer in the Northern Hemisphere lasts until the 22nd of September, so there's still plenty of time.

@DrChem said: What irks me the most is how hush hush the are about it.At least release some screen shots

They did release some screenshots (and they look amazing :)). They posted them to their blog here.

And, yes. Those are actual screenshots from the game running in the latest version of Telltale Tool, and not concept art. :eek:

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Jennifer said: I'm sure we'll still get a summer release. Summer in the Northern Hemisphere lasts until the 22nd of September, so there's still plenty of time.

Not so sure there, Jen. They're awfully behind schedule with any kind of presentation of moving material. Then again, the Telltale 'of old' was indeed capable of pulling this kind of release off. Hardly a trailer, hardly a teaser, but "by the way, we'll release episode 1 next week".

@Jennifer said: The Game Informer piece is just the start. I'm sure by the time we're coming up on release week the forums will instead be filled with "shut up about The Wolf Among Us already, you're promoting it too much" threads!

400 days is out. There's nothing for Telltale to do right now but TWaU. :o

• @Vainamoinen said:
    400 days is out. There's nothing for Telltale to do right now but TWaU. :o

They could go on about Walking Dead season 2 with its Fall release.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@holisk said: They could go on about Walking Dead season 2 with its Fall release.

Fall release for Walking Dead Season 2?

...we'll see. :o

• @puzzlebox said: E3 is less than 3 weeks away now! The Wolf Among Us will be very much the focus for us there, so you can probably expect to see more details and interviews hitting then.

I go back to this ^^^ - I would guess that something has gone awry here - licensing issue; bugs; development schedule etc. but it seems very unusual that it seems to have just disappeared.

E3 for Telltale seemed to be only focused on "The Walking Dead", either "400 Days" or the PS Vita release...

• cmon, they got to talk at comicon at least, besides im going thier full time

• @Wyatt#1 said: cmon, they got to talk at comicon at least, besides im going thier full time

Well San Diego's day 3 line up just got announced, and Telltale are there with..... A panel on "The Walking Dead" (again).

Add Comment