User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 7.9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mornai said: Again, you do not know who was the leader for the three months. After the siege is over Lilly showed no signs of taking back the reigns at the motor inn at the end of episode 3. For all we know she could have started the training schedules and rations two days before the start of episode 2. She's in charge of the weapons training and rations, that doesn't automatically make her leader of every aspect of the group. Hell, Lee has more power than her when he makes the decision to go to the St. Johns farm, which Lilly obviously disagrees with initially.

Even with her leading for three months, the group's deaths were evenly split between Kenny and Lilly(and breaking them down individually result in more deaths for Lilly), not piled onto Kenny alone, so no one comes out on top. Your scoreboard is rigged.

I agree bout the scoreboard being rigged. One thing though, Lilly at first wanted to go. Kenny didnt. Once they got there, Lilly didnt like it because somebody got hurt, as if that doesn't happen everywhere. Kenny then wanted to stay.

• @Mark$man said: I agree bout the scoreboard being rigged. One thing though, Lilly at first wanted to go. Kenny didnt. Once they got there, Lilly didnt like it because somebody got hurt, as if that doesn't happen everywhere. Kenny then wanted to stay.

Well, that shoots me down. At least the second part still holds some form of truth.

• @Mark$man said: Because Lilly happened to get damn lucky? And no, under Lilly's leadership they lost Carley and Doug, Larry, and Mark. Those four were some of the strongest of the group, and without them, the entire group collapsed. With Lilly's reign, the group had shelter, decent amount of supplies, good stock of weapons, and they still got fucked over. *snipped for brevity*

And following Kenny's plan, there's only one confirmed survivor (Clementine). And the idea that Katjaa's suicide couldn't be forseen is well, silly... "I love our son more than life itself" ring a bell?

Lack of supplies was a non-issue following Kenny's plan. It didn't matter; if the group died of dehydration or starvation? Yeah, there might be a case to be made. Instead, they all died because Kenny lead them to a densely populated coastal region.

@Mark$man said: Again, you do not know who was the leader for the three months. After the siege is over Lilly showed no signs of taking back the reigns at the motor inn at the end of episode 3. For all we know she could have started the training schedules and rations two days before the start of episode 2. She's in charge of the weapons training and rations, that doesn't automatically make her leader of every aspect of the group. Hell, Lee has more power than her when he makes the decision to go to the St. Johns farm, which Lilly obviously disagrees with initially.

Even with her leading for three months, the group's deaths were evenly split between Kenny and Lilly(and breaking them down individually result in more deaths for Lilly), not piled onto Kenny alone, so no one comes out on top. Your scoreboard is rigged.

Again, false; we know she was rationing the supplies Mark brought and allowed him to stay on that basis (and he was with the group for those three months, so...) before the food shortage. Plus, common sense. You can't train an average person to use a firearm with any real proficiency without it taking atleast weeks, nevermind all the associated tasks such as how to maintain it, clean it, etc.

And, as noted, Lilly didn't disagree with going to the farm. She was opposed to staying once Mark was shot (which, incidentally, wasn't the wrong call).

It's not my fault Lilly's quantifiably better than Kenny; because even with an even split? A group's member's average life expectancy is still far longer under Lilly than Kenny.

• @Mornai said: Again, you do not know who was the leader for the three months. After the siege is over Lilly showed no signs of taking back the reigns at the motor inn at the end of episode 3. For all we know she could have started the training schedules and rations two days before the start of episode 2. She's in charge of the weapons training and rations, that doesn't automatically make her leader of every aspect of the group. Hell, Lee has more power than her when he makes the decision to go to the St. Johns farm, which Lilly obviously disagrees with initially.

Maybe that's what happened in your game. In my game, I opted not to go to the dairy. Lilly, the more than obvious leader of the group, called for a vote by the group to go or not to go to the dairy.

Kenny was the first to vote and he voted to go to the dairy. When it came time for Lee to vote he asked Clem what she wanted to do. She said she was very hungry. Lee then said it looks like we're going to the dairy.

Lilly never voted but it seemed pretty clear that the majority opted to go to the dairy.

• @Kiel555 said: Maybe that's what happened in your game. In my game, I opted not to go to the dairy. Lilly, the more than obvious leader of the group, called for a vote by the group to go or not to go to the dairy.

Kenny was the first to vote and he voted to go to the dairy. When it came time for Lee to vote he asked Clem what she wanted to do. She said she was very hungry. Lee then said it looks like we're going to the dairy.

Lilly never voted but it seemed pretty clear that the majority opted to go to the dairy.

She voted, but indirectly. She wanted to go to the dairy, that's why as soon as the men show up, Lilly said "Lee go check the place out" blah blah blah I forget it all. Then after he says that you can speak your mind about the dairy. She was automatically getting people to head out without their opinion. So yes, SHE was the first one to vote, if you could kinda read between the lines. I'm sure Larry wanting to go would make her go anyway.

• @Rommel49 said: And following Kenny's plan, there's only one confirmed survivor (Clementine). And the idea that Katjaa's suicide couldn't be forseen is well, silly... "I love our son more than life itself" ring a bell?

Lack of supplies was a non-issue following Kenny's plan. It didn't matter; if the group died of dehydration or starvation? Yeah, there might be a case to be made. Instead, they all died because Kenny lead them to a densely populated coastal region.

Again, false; we know she was rationing the supplies Mark brought and allowed him to stay on that basis (and he was with the group for those three months, so...) before the food shortage. Plus, common sense. You can't train an average person to use a firearm with any real proficiency without it taking atleast weeks, nevermind all the associated tasks such as how to maintain it, clean it, etc.

And, as noted, Lilly didn't disagree with going to the farm. She was opposed to staying once Mark was shot (which, incidentally, wasn't the wrong call).

It's not my fault Lilly's quantifiably better than Kenny; because even with an even split? A group's member's average life expectancy is still far longer under Lilly than Kenny.

Yet you claim the reason they failed was due to that. But in reality it was simply because Lilly left them with the supplies they needed. They had lost their rifles, much of their ammunition, and they were low on ammo for their pistols. No good vehicle left for them(Lilly steals the RV that was going to die out anyway, and a train was in front of them.), and no place for shelter. Lilly had a safe place because Glenn found it, Kenny made the plan to fortify it, and that they found Mark with a lot of supplies. It was LUCK.

Kenny was left with little to nothing, a group that was falling apart by the seems(even Lee), and a train that would attract walkers everywhere. That is what killed them, not the city. They brought thouands of walkers down on them because they had no good vehicle to go on. They couldn't even take the RV since it wouldn't last long, so their choice was the train. All those walkers caught up to a high speed train in what a few hours at most?

The walkers in the city were a fair amount, and they did kill Chuck, Brie, and possibly Ben. However, Chuck's was Molly's fault, Brie was split between Ben and Vernon, and Ben's was entirely avoidable. I'd only blame Kenny for Ben's since he basically tells you to drop him.

Yeah, Lilly's loss of the group was due to "mental instability" because that is what people like to call it. Well, Kenny lost his entire family, his reason for living. You expect him to think clearly? He wanted everything to just go away.
    Kenny also saw a lot of things Lilly never did.

Regardless of what Kenny would have done, there would always be more walkers. I think there was a HELL of a lot more on his plate,and he had what 6 group members he barely knew? Chuck, Brie, Vernon, Molly, Christa and Omid? They couldn't trust the St. John's, and they had trouble working together as a group.

I don't mean to defend Kenny so much, because he had a terrible boat plan, and his plan did cause people to die, but if they had Carley/Doug, and Katjaa and Duck, I think the game would have played out much more smoothly. Kenny, IMO, had a better shot and overall was a better leader. Just as you say Lilly is. Well, fine, I don't see it, but it's yours.

• I understand that each character has a fan base but how the heck can anyone say that Lilly was a good person?
    A good person wouldn't kill a group member for no reason
    A good person wouldn't rob and leave her own people for dead
    Her being a vindictive bully and acts as the groups dictator was just a foreshadow of her personality.
    Kenny may be a douche at times but he's nowhere on Lilly's level, he's Gandhi compared to her.

• Yami . I understand your hatred for Kenny and Ben because you think that they ruined Lilly's life but why blame Carley aswell ? She never did anything to Lilly and i think you once said that she deserved to die because she never sided with Lilly . Some players din't side with Lilly so are you saying that their Lees deserved to get bitten and die because they never sided with Lilly ?
    You say that she never did anything but i disagree . She saved Lee and everybody before meeting the group in the drugstore , she saves Clem from the walker from the bathroom if you don't save her in time , she goes with Lee to save Glenn , she kills walker David , she shows up to rescue the group from the St Johns and she helps Lee with the bandits and the walkers .
    Why do you exactly hate her ? Is it because she always saves Lee and not Lilly ? Is it because she kisses Lee and Lilly doesn't ?
    You also said that the group falling apart was her fault and i think you also said that Duck getting bitten was her fault . If so than Lee pretty much is responsible for the destruction of the group because he never saved Mark from getting hit by a arrow and brought everybody to the St Johns .
    It seems that you keep making Carley look like a monster just to make Lilly look better and making her to be the most innocent woman on the planet .
    You say that Kenny destroyed the group and his family , but than you say that Ben destroyed the group and than you say that Carley destroyed the group and Duck .
    Lilly may be a good person , but if you side with her she will be your friend while Doug/Carley will always be your friends and you don't have to side with them to be your friends .

• How can you like Lilly? she shoot Carley, right after she kissed Lee and said "Don't call me small" and we know Lee liked Carley. So yeah, i wish we see walker Lilly that will be a bitch like her.

• I don't want to see walker Lilly, I want to see living Lilly, so I can fucking kill her slowly and painfully, that bitch is going regret every second she was alive after killing Carley when I find her, and that is the short answer.

Add Comment