70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I haven't visited this forum for a while, but as I received by e-mail the great news that Bone was ready for download, I figured I could read the new posts while I download the game and... Errr two great news in a single day, my heart can hardly stand it. I must be getting old!
    :D Rejoice! :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I know where you can get the episodes=)
    You can download them via eMule www.emule-project.net

And if you check out my forum:
    http://www.sam-and-max.forum.de.vu/
    You'll see that there are already 2 episodes ready for download!
    Sure they're in the memberzone so you'll have to register^^ but so you'll get the episodes The Invaders and KISS KISS BANG BANG :)

If there'll be more going on on my forum in the future i'll upload more episodes to my ftp.

My visitor counter slowly reaches the 2000 mark :D
    http://www.sam-and-max.de.vu/

LONG LIVE SAM AND MAX :D
    I could cry whole new orleans to one big sea so happy am i.
    Hope progress on the game gose forward quickly=)
    And let it have more playtime than Bone please.

• [quote]I know where you can get the episodes=)
    You can download them via eMule www.emule-project.net

And if you check out my forum:
    http://www.sam-and-max.forum.de.vu/
    You'll see that there are already 2 episodes ready for download!
    Sure they're in the memberzone so you'll have to register^^ but so you'll get the episodes The Invaders and KISS KISS BANG BANG :)

If there'll be more going on on my forum in the future i'll upload more episodes to my ftp.

My visitor counter slowly reaches the 2000 mark :D
    http://www.sam-and-max.de.vu/

LONG LIVE SAM AND MAX :D
    I could cry whole new orleans to one big sea so happy am i.
    Hope progress on the game gose forward quickly=)
    And let it have more playtime than Bone please.[/quote]

eMule is evil and to be more precise, doesn't work for some reason. I went and registered on your forums but was never sent a password. so i can't log in. so now i'm more than a little annoyed.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

This is the best news ever.
    But, will this also only be available through online purchase?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]This is the best news ever.
    But, will this also only be available through online purchase?[/quote]

sadly, yes. dude, i want a physical game. by releasing it on the internet, that almost forces the game to be halfassed and short. believe me, SNM2 is not HL2. it willbe small and short

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Sam and Max 2 will have a larger installed fanbase than Bone, methinks, or at least people will remember Freelance Police, so there's a higher chance of this game getting a real world publisher earlier on.

However, remember that Freelance Police was going to be 6 mini cases wrapped around one big "über plot", so downloadable games wouldn't be so bad. In fact, the dev team wanted downloadable cases to be released after the game, but I doubt Lucas Arts would have allowed that.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Sam and Max 2 will have a larger installed fanbase than Bone, methinks, or at least people will remember Freelance Police, so there's a higher chance of this game getting a real world publisher earlier on.

However, remember that Freelance Police was going to be 6 mini cases wrapped around one big "über plot", so downloadable games wouldn't be so bad. In fact, the dev team wanted downloadable cases to be released after the game, but I doubt Lucas Arts would have allowed that.[/quote]

reeeeeeeeally... well, now i feel stupid. episodic release would work even better for SNM.

• [quote][sadly, yes. dude, i want a physical game. by releasing it on the internet, that almost forces the game to be halfassed and short. believe me, SNM2 is not HL2. it willbe small and short[/quote]

Concerning Sam & Max, Telltale will give us the whole ass, I'm sure. They already have experience making Freelance Police, even though we never got to play it. Consider it a practice effort before making it really good, and without a publisher telling them what they can and can't do.

And I think a short Sam & Max episode every 8-10 months is considerably better than one full length game every... say... 13 years? I'd love a longer game, too, but we've got to pick our battles. This is not one we should mess around with.

• So far Telltale has delivered the goods - no reason to doubt them.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Surely they would plan the episodes so that when they were all finished and you had the entire run of games, it would play like the original. It just got better each step..just make the puzzles hard!!

Add Comment