User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 44.2K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • alcoremortis 31 minutes ago
    Logically, from a business perspective, that makes little or no sense. Why would they deliberately piss off a bunch of fans to sell merchandise? This is a basic case of fans transplanting their deepest fantasy on reality and then getting upset when reality turns out to be different.
    It's the equivalent of getting mad at someone because you had a dream where they bought you a car and then on your birthday, they gave you a book about cars.

· 2 in reply to TheAfroThunder1 (Show the comment)

1.jpg TheAfroThunder1 23 minutes ago
    No, no. It's more like someone said to you that they would buy cars for you and all your family/friends for your 50th birthday party, but then they bought you a DVD about cars and said you had to pay for it if you wanted it. 

· in reply to alcoremortis

• The question is, if they weren't intending to mislead the fans, what was with all the secrecy? Why did Peter Davisons final DVD release not get a #thefifth? Why did Colin not get #thesixth? Plus, given the thing was already announced, why on earth did we need teasers? They deliberately wanted to create false hope, because the resultant publicity would get people talking about Terror of the Zygons.

• I think it's because they were releasing the final story during the fiftieth and the Fourth Doctor is one of the most popular ones?

Honestly, though, I really didn't see where the automatic connection of mentioning the Fourth Doctor to him being in the show came from. Especially given that they have repeatedly said that there weren't going to be any classic doctors in the special.

I suppose a more correct analogy would be that it's like someone talks a lot about cars right before your birthday, you have a dream that they gave you a car, and then you get pissed at them when they give you a book about cars instead. Not cruel, just a severe misunderstanding.

• Il get it to know watch the Zygons before there cameo in the 50th. :D

• You people sure love cars

• @Serec said: You people sure love cars

DeLoreans mostly.

• Er, it's pretty clearly going to be part of a box set. They wouldn't just release one slimline disc!

It'll be either "The Complete Fourth Doctor, Part One" or "The Best of the Fourth Doctor" in a set, I'm telling you.

And as the clip was uploaded by a channel owned by BBC Worldwide a trailer wouldn't appear there first for anything relating to the current programme - it'd be in direct contradiction with the BBC Charter.

• @Ribs said: the clip was uploaded by a channel owned by BBC Worldwide a trailer wouldn't appear there first for anything relating to the current programme - it'd be in direct contradiction with the BBC Charter.

How so?

• @FitzoliverJ said: How so?

It'd be a similar problem if they decided to air a new episode of Doctor Who on BBC America first - the commercial arm of the show cannot be used first. If that makes any sense. Any actual trailers or anything will be uploaded by BBC One's Youtube channel (or, in the case of An Adventure in Space and Time, BBC Two's)

Add Comment