User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 5.9K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @der_ketzer said: Sorry. The game has been out for months now. If you haven't finished it yet you don't really care.
    *Snip* at the end of The Lord Of The Rings?

No. There's no statute of limitations on courtesy. People don't have an obligation to play a game, watch a movie/TV series or read a book within X amount of months before they're in danger of being spoiled randomly at any time. You had no reason whatsoever to post a spoiler except to apparently try to be funny, which failed. Sure, once in a blue moon there's going to be a situation where an old spoiler will help to make a great point or give a truly funny punch line, and in those very rare cases go ahead and spoil. (This was not one of those cases - your post wasn't funny or interesting, and would have had the same effect in spoiler tags).

Use spoiler tags.

And lol at you telling me "you don't really care". Get bent. Maybe I was in the Navy for 3 years and didn't get a chance to play it yet. Maybe I'm a 15 year old who is finally old enough to watch famous old movies with twists-at-the-end for the first time. Maybe I'm poor and couldn't afford to play/watch/read until there was a sale months later. You're trash if you think you have the right to spoil all those experiences for people just because you're too lazy to use spoiler tags or too stupid to post in the appropriate threads.

• @JuntMonkey said: ...

Maybe you shouldn't read random posts in a "The Last Game You FINISHED" thread if you don't want to know then end of a game. Ever thought about that?

Also there was no spoiler. There was one thing that TTG could not do in that game without causing major outrage from all sides. No one is killing children in videogames. Nobody. If they did that you sure as hell would have heard about it.

• @der_ketzer said: Maybe you shouldn't read random posts in a "The Last Game You FINISHED" thread if you don't want to know then end of a game. Ever thought about that?

Also there was no spoiler. There was one thing that TTG could not do in that game without causing major outrage from all sides. No one is killing children in videogames. Nobody. If they did that you sure as hell would have heard about it.

Well...
    You can't say Telltale don't kill Kids...
    Just not very important ones...

• @Vainamoinen said: Spoiler definitions with the Ketzer 0/10

Seriously, that's not even a game. :)

yeah. But the story was so good it was easily worth the 25$ for 5 episodes. I think you even cried at the end.

• @der_ketzer said: Maybe you shouldn't read random posts in a "The Last Game You FINISHED" thread if you don't want to know then end of a game. Ever thought about that?

So basically nobody can read this thread unless they've finished every game they've ever wanted to finish?

• @JuntMonkey said: So basically nobody can read this thread unless they've finished every game they've ever wanted to finish?

I have to agree with this. Common courtesy is not an unreasonable expectation.

Now, that being said, I do remember my having wrecked the series finale of Xena:Warrior Princess for someone when they said there should be a Xena movie (having not seen the latter part of the final season yet) and I spoiled why to do so wouldn't make sense.

I suppose at the time I was annoyed at the way it ended and so didn't see why anyone should call for such a movie but that probably was still a jerk thing for me to do.

• @JuntMonkey said: So basically nobody can read this thread unless they've finished every game they've ever wanted to finish?

Well I can because I really don't care about spoilers. So I'm absolutely fine.

Add Comment