User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 22.9K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They will be in season 2 in some capacity, and season 2 itself will be coming out in the Fall.

• If Christa is in it she is going to be very very big by now. will be interesting to see how Telltale works with that :)

• @kirby18 said: Did you play the same game I played? The entire game REVOLVES around Clementine...she is literally the only essential piece to the story line if the story continues.

???? Not at all! First off, the group is made up of 8 people (including Omid, Christa, Clem.) Thats not a lot... if you cant keep track of a storyline with 8 people then thats your fault not TellTales (and obviously throughout the episodes there not all going to survive.) More importantly you will get to know every character just as well with the alternating perspective. It will greatly enhance the gameplay. Youll feel closer to all the characters since you get to play with them for an entire episode. I honestly dont see any downside with this method especially since each episode is about an 1 - 2 hours which is a good amount of time to get to know that character as it is.

It was never centered around her, but big part.

• @kirby18 said: Did you play the same game I played? The entire game REVOLVES around Clementine...she is literally the only essential piece to the story line if the story continues.
    ???? Not at all! First off, the group is made up of 8 people (including Omid, Christa, Clem.) Thats not a lot... if you cant keep track of a storyline with 8 people then thats your fault not TellTales (and obviously throughout the episodes there not all going to survive.) More importantly you will get to know every character just as well with the alternating perspective. It will greatly enhance the gameplay. Youll feel closer to all the characters since you get to play with them for an entire episode. I honestly dont see any downside with this method especially since each episode is about an 1 - 2 hours which is a good amount of time to get to know that character as it is.

IMHO the game was centered around the world of The Walking Dead. Clementine was just a survivor in it. The game didn't revolve around any one person. We bonded with everyone (or grew to hate depending on who) Everyone from season one was important spoke in the wheel. If Clementine had not been center screen all the time the game and story still could have worked. I don't think season two will focus on any survivor from season one at all. Of course that idea makes me a little sad but I believe those in 400 days are not the main focus. They are all the center of the game. every character is intricate to the funtion of the wheel. The wheel won't turn without all the parts. So no I do not think Clementine was the center of this game.

• whether anyone likes it or not,the game is revolved around Clementine as the centerpiece.It dealt with Lee's morals and how he redeemed himself from the start,it brought in other elements and characters but it made the character of Clementine a star ,which is why people still ask about her,why isnt she in 400,where is she?and so on,Telltale are not stupid and know how important she is to the game,although she didn't get wrote into the game initially,she just evolved where now 99.9 percent of people adore her.

• It isn't a matter of liking or not. These are all opinions, they are not facts. How one feels is not pure proof positive of how things are. I don't think anyone was center of attention as Lee's choices affected everyone as a whole Others think it was Clementine. That's absolutely ok. Pick your Paths tend to do that. Make the story its own for each person who reads it. Every person that has ever read The Magic of the Unicorn all think something different than I do on moral of the story, main players and chosen journey The Star for me was Lee. He made an ultimate sacrifice for a child he never knew before the ZA. I am glad 400 days moved on to a new group of people, as we will get to see fresh stories and I am almost sure a 9 year old would not be the protagonist everyone wants. Too much swearing amongst adults in the game for a 9 year old to always be around that while choices are being made. I like clementine as the side kick. The sweet little girl that shows up when you need a dose of morality. But again, I can see, appreciate and understand everyone's opinion

• @Clemmy1 said: heres a question for everyone: what would you think if you went back to the jewelry store and there was no sign of Lee,alive or dead?

Damn cannibals.

• well, since i did not handcuff him, and did shoot him i would obviously think Clem missed, and he turned.

• Okay I think it will go like this, not sure how it will continue:

1. If you told Omid to wait north by train for her and then told Clementine to look for Omid, she will go with them.

2. If you told her to go by the boat, she will get jumped by the cancer idiots with or without Omid and Crista there.

3. Or something else

Also the whole handcuff scene was there for some reason. You can choose to handcuff Lee or not, most players think its because of Clems safety, but I think its because there will be some future gameplay in the shop and it will depend on your choices if you will have to kill zombie cuffed/not cuffed Lee or just find him there dead.

• @NEGAN said: Okay I think it will go like this, not sure how it will continue:

1. If you told Omid to wait north by train for her and then told Clementine to look for Omid, she will go with them.

2. If you told her to go by the boat, she will get jumped by the cancer idiots with or without Omid and Crista there.

3. Or something else

Also the whole handcuff scene was there for some reason. You can choose to handcuff Lee or not, most players think its because of Clems safety, but I think its because there will be some future gameplay in the shop and it will depend on your choices if you will have to kill zombie cuffed/not cuffed Lee or just find him there dead.

Clem won't join the survivor, as in Shel's story she was living with the survivors and Clem wasn't among them.

Add Comment